Christmas time

It was Christmas Eve morning. Ryan and I had a special day planned for Bailey, followed by the Christmas Eve party tonight,and the sleepover. I was excited and for the first time in years, Iactually felt the happiness inside that I was showing on the outside. I hummed along to Silver Bells, playing on the radio as I finished the last touches on the breakfast burritos before placing them in the oven to stay warm. I set the table and pulled out the orange juice. Once everything was set up and ready, I set out to wake Bailey and Ryan. He had been staying with us since we had gotten back, but has been sleeping on the couch. I had invited him to stay in bed with me, but he had refused. It was getting to be much like the kissing that still hadn't yet happened, no matter what I tried, I felt like a teenager chasing after her crush. I had started to wonder if he had changed his mind or, worse, decided he didn't feel the way he thought. But then I would see the way he would look at me. I could see the heat, desire, and love in them. I felt it when he touched me. So, whywasn't he taking it any further?

When I approach the living room, I hear the sounds of Frosty on the TV, when I get the pair in site, they are both on the couch cuddled up in their pajamas and both are engrossed with the cartoon. The site has a smile pulling at my lips as I clear my throat to get their attention. Bailey looks at me immediately but Ryan doesn't seem to hear me, I try again, but still don't get his attention. I laugh when Bailey uses her elbow to nudge him and he ends up actually jumping before turning his head towards Bailey to find me standing there.

"Sar-bear. When did you get in here?" Ryan ask surprised, his eyes going wide.

I just laugh and shake my head. "Breakfast is ready," I manage through my giggles. Bailey gets up and darts to the kitchen. Ryan manages to get up, while keeping his eyes on the TV. "We have it on D.V.D you know," I add, my words finally breaking his eyes from the TV. He gives me a wide grin, stepping forward, pulling me to him and wrapping his arms around me. We stand hugging for just a moment, before he places a lingering kiss on my forehead.

"Let's go have breakfast with our daughter," Ryan whispers. He lets go and grabs my hand instead, leading me to the kitchen,where Bailey is already waiting to eat.

After all bellies are full, the house cleaned up, and the three of us are ready for the day, we head into the cold towards our first destination. Ryan lifts Bailey up into his truck, then myself, before jogging around and getting in. Once Bailey's seatbelt clicks from the back, Ryan starts up the truck and backs down the driveway. Bailey watches out the window, a big smile on her face, but doesn't say anything. I'm really surprised she's just going along for the ride and not asking where we are going. We pull up to the movie theater and her eyes light up.

"Are we watching the Grinch on the big screen?!" she exclaims.

The theater did a Christmas movie all day on Christmas Eve and this year they were showing the Grinch. Bailey loved the Grinch.

"Yes, little princess," Ryan answers before climbing out. He opens the double doors and helps Bailey out first who immediately starts dancing around impatiently. Ryan chuckles and helps me down, and the three of us make our way in.

Bailey sat through the whole movie, enjoying every moment. She had smiled and giggled and just generally loved it and I was glad Ryan had thought of this. We throw our trash away and I wash Bailey up in the bathroom to get the butter off of her hands. Once clean, we go out to where Ryan is waiting by the truck.

"Are you ready for your next surprise, little princess?" Ryan asks.

Bailey squeals and releases my hand, racing to Ryan, who scoops Bailey up and after giving her a hug, places her into the truck. This had become the norm over the past few days anytime we went somewhere together. It warmed my heart and made me fall even deeper in love with the man before me. I step forward and Ryan helps me up into the truck as well before he shuts the doors, jogs to the other side and gets in.