The Dream

Footsteps echoed through the ancient building, bounding from wall to wall. Beads of sweat trickled down Light's cheek as he cautiously walked through the lengthy hallway. It all seemed so real but nevertheless, Light pushed the heavy thought away from his mind. He tried pinching himself, an attempt to escape this never ending void yet the result was still the same.

From the corner of his eye he spotted four peculiar images each with an accustomed symbol-The alluring diamond, a lustful club, a righteous spade and a religious heart. As Light peered into the images he suddenly caught sight of... himself? He kept wondering to himself how his face had appeared in the line of the spade. That was when it started- The room violently shook, blood oozed out from the eyes of Light's image. He tried screaming, little did he know that there was no one to help him. He tried running, only to realize that there was nowhere to run. It was useless. Blood dripped from the ceiling, an endless amount of a thick, crimson rain, slowly rising up till it reached the poor boy's neck. He could not move for the liquid was too dense. The only thing he could do was give up. He let the abounding blood take over. It reminded him of when he asked his close friend what depression felt like.

He pondered over the arduous thought, "Depression you say?" He replied with a long sigh, "You could say it's like drowning, however, you can see everyone else breathing and no matter how hard you try, all your efforts are useless."

Useless, the word echoed inside of Light's head. Such a small word yet it can change the course of mankind. His vision was soon blurred, sinking lower and lower until he had reached the bottom.

With a short breath he stated, "I'm dead."