Chapter one

I flew to the highest point of massidor city. I was tired of reaping today but I know that I won't get any rest. That was my punishment. An eternity of sleeplessness, loneliness and pain. When people die, I feel their pain. Both physical and emotional. Sucks right. I know. You must be wondering how I got the worst job in the universe. Well part of it was my fault. I was the first human to commit murder. I killed my own brother because he was loved more than me. I wasn't particularly the best child but come on. Everybody wants to be loved. They may act big and bad but deep down they want to be loved, to be accepted, they want to know that they're needed, that they mean something, they want to be recognized, to be seen, they don't want to be lonely, they want to fit in. Even me. (A/n for those who didn't notice he was talking about himself). He was always considered the golden child. And the straw that finally broke the camel's back. My offering to the BIG GUY was rejected and his was accepted. Even God liked him better. So out of jealousy, bitterness and anger, I killed my only brother. Sounds cruel right. But I don't reget it most of the time. I was later cursed to become a vagabond. I tried everything and faith and determination finally broke the curse. I lived life better thinking if I changed things would get better. When I died I was given this job to be the first grim reaper. Against my will of course. I guess killing my brother made thinks worse for me. But God he was annoying. Now partly because of him I'm stuck taking people's dark light everyday. You see when a person is meant to die, their usual white aura for the pure hearted turns black and the red for the evil hearted turns black. And that is how yours truly was chosen to become the very first grim reaper. Yes, there are more. But being the first and oldest makes me more powerful than the rest.
With one big swipe of my scythe, I circled the whole city with black smoke only visible to moi. It'll suck in all the black auras for two days giving me time to prepare for the excruciating pain I'll soon feel when people start dying. It lasts for only two days though. Only I knew this trick. Maybe the Big Guy but that was it. I guess he isn't a snitch after all. I sat on a building in the city and watched cars go by,people talking, hobos begging, suicidal thoughts going through a thirteen year old boy's mind. Yeah I can read minds.
"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh" I yelled as I felt the pain of a truck slamming into me. No matter how long I felt pain I still never got used to it. Someone just died. I flew from the roof to the ground. I was walking on the road. Cars kept passing through me. No one can see me. No one ever will. Other reapers enjoyed their job. Some even had crazy adventures with humans. How? I have no idea. But it was just me against the world. Just me. Alone forever