Chapter II

The flight is 12 hours long, I spend three hours finishing The Picture of Dorian Grey. I eat in flight lunch, sleep, eat dinner, watch a couple movies and then sleep some more. Before I know it I feel the plane descending. "Meine Damen und Herren. haben wir unseren Abstieg begonnen, also bitte anschnallen. Die aktuelle Zeit in Frankfurt ist 02.45" The pilot announces in German "Ladies and Gentleman we have begun our decent, so please fasten your seat belts. The current time in Frankfurt is 2:45" he repeats. I stretch out, let out a big yawn and rub the sleep from my eyes. I then fold my blanket and set it aside, as I return my seat to the upright position. The plane lands smoothly and after a round of applause to the pilot and the crew. I zombie sleep walk my way off the plane, and to the terminal. I find then my ride to the hotel with a middle aged man holding a white card with 'Brighton' written on it. "Miss Ivory Elise Brighton?" he asks with a thick German accent "Ja" I answer "I am Ralf. Miss if you don't mind. I'd like to work on my English" He says trying hard to emphasize his words. "Of course, Ralf" I smile, at least I feel somewhat useful. "Is Elise a German name Miss?" "Yes it's my mothers, and was her mother's" I explain "A long family tradition to use Elise as a middle name" he looks at me in awe "What a beautiful tradition" he notes "Thank you" I reply "Off to your hotel then Miss?" he asks clearer this time "Yes, Ralf" I reply, he takes my carry on and our conversation continues, becoming easier as it goes on.

It's a short ride, but he points out all the attractions and neat features to the city. When we pull up to the hotel, I thank him for the lovely conversation. "If you ever need a ride Miss Ivory, give me a call" Ralf hand me a business card. "Thank you again Ralf." I tip him heavily "Take your wife somewhere nice" I command as I enter the hotel. At first I am too tired to care, it appears to be just another hotel and I step through the doorman opened doors. Once I take a step inside I truly see that this place is amazing, the architecture is breathtaking. I stop under their grand chandelier, and look up. "May I help you?" a young lady asks in German. "Yes, I am checking in" I reply in English not looking down for a moment, caught in euphoria. I could learn to love it here. "American" she notes "Well do you have a reservation?" she asks in English this time. "So sorry it is just so beautiful here. I find it hard to focus" I let out a small laugh and make eye contact with this woman. She is not pleased and it shows all over her face. "Your name and a card?" she snaps. I normally don't enjoy making people feel bad but she has pushed my buttons, while I have major jet lag. I reach for my card, and hand it to her with a smile, watching the color drain from her face. "Miss Brighton?" she asks cautiously "Yes, I believe I have a suite here. Or will I have to take my business elsewhere?" I ask sweetly as I continue to look around. "Oh no Miss, the presidential suite is ready in fact let me send some champagne up for you" she adds changing her attitude quickly "Actually, since I am an American citizen I am underage and I don't think my parents would approve" Now perhaps I am taking it too far but I do love how she cowers. "Of course Miss apologizes. Let me get your bag taken to your room" she scurries off. In Truth my parents did not care as long as I was in control and not getting plastered drunk. I have had sips of some alcohol but never enough to even get a buzz. "Well played, dear" heavy southern accent announces from behind me. I turn around quickly, and face stunning red head. Her hair is a vibrate color with the length going past her hips in long thick waves, She average height about 5'6. She has narrow frame with curves that suits her well. "I was hoping no one would see me behave so rudely" I shamefully look down "Not at all darling, she deserved it. You will be glad to hear that not all of Germany is so rough mannered" she says with the utmost confidence. "Well, it was still very rude of me, and quite unnecessary" I imply "Well darling no need to fuss" She smile bright "I am Alana Peterson, from Atlanta Georgia" I am shocked but I look closer now and she does appear similar in age "As in, Peterson exports, one of the largest companies in the world?" I question "Why yes, My Mama and Daddy have been running it for years now" she states proudly "It is very nice to meet you" I offer my hand. "I am Ivory Brighton of California" She shakes my hand, giving me a strange look. "Oh my lands, the Ivory Brighton?" she questions "As in the Brighton industries, Diamonds, banking, hotel, resorts and all the other multi- billion dollar companies?" She stares at me, waiting for me to reply "Well yes, but it's my parents companies"