Libra (f) & Leo (m) - 7 Minutes of Wondering

7 Minutes of Wondering

Leo's POV

My beach blonde hair whipped in front of my face for the 100th time. And for the 100th time I blew it back to where it was supposed to be.

I walked up to my high school. This place had been my school for 3 full years and I finally managed to make it through. This year was going to be the last, but best, year ever.

"Leo!" I spun around at the sound of my name.

Aries was jogging to get a side next to me as we entered the gigantic building.

"Hey Aries! You excited?"

"What?! No! This is school! It's boring and it totally took away all of my plans from last summer."

"And what were those, exactly?"

"Not to go to school..."

I threw my head back into a laugh, then constricting it down to a chuckle. Hey, you can't be your total self if you want to keep a good reputation.

As I looked around the hallways, alot of people have changed. Aquarius, who used to be this all-black-wearing girl with nose and lip piercings, now still had dark hair, but it was a little more natural than last year. She had taken the piercings out except for the 2 pairs of dangle earrings. Her dark attire was switched for a light blue sundress. I nudged Aries in the shoulder, although he was already staring.

"Aries, shut your mouth or bugs will fly in."

"Huh? What?" He said as he snapped out of his trance.

"Dude! Just ask her out! It can't be that bad."

"No!"

"Why not? She's cute, healthy, not goth, and you have a huge thing for her. Just try."

"Ugh. If I do, will you get off my back?"

"Yes!"

"Fine..."

As he walked away he mumbled something inaudible, but I'm pretty sure I heard "jerk" somewhere in there.

They started to chat, then Aries turned around and gave the thumbs up. That was my cue to walk as fast as I could in the other direction.

I pivoted on my heel and took one step forward, but then placed it back.

She had arrived.

Libra.

Her light brown hair caught the sunlight just to make her hair shine. Her mid thigh floral print dress showed off her peachy, healthy legs as they walk through the corridor. Her natural makeup showed her dark blue orbs, while her smile sparkled. White wedges pulled her up to my height, but they weren't that tall.

We had been going to school together forever, becoming close, then drifting apart, then to just sitting at the same lunch table. Although elementary school, I've had a crush on her, which only grew stronger and more real as time passes.

She had been talking to her friends as I soaked in this sight, but then looked up at me and smiled. Libra excused herself and made her way towards me.

Libra's POV

My wedges clicked at the tile as I made my way towards the man of my dreams. He was attractive, funny, sweet, kind, caring..the list goes on. I wanted to date him this year, or at least confess. That was my plan anyway. But things don't always go as planned.

I smiled before I greeted him.

Leo's POV

God, that smile.