He doesn't hit you because you're a female...

"He hasn't hit you yet because you're a female", she commented while washing the dishes, "Your brother though; he will get punched by him because you're teaching him to rebel."

"I'm not teaching no-one to rebel, I'm just being myself and standing for what I believe in!" I exclaimed through the thin cold air surrounding me. "Can't I just be myself without being threatened?" I whispered the last part obviously not wanting to be heard by my mother.

"One day he is going to hit you and you're going to be the disgrace that caused the whole incident. Remember Melissa, we're teaching him, your brother, in a different way than others; don't mess it up."

Walking away into my room, I sat on the edge of my bed and took in everything before feeling my eyes starting to moisten. This was something I should have been used to; the feeling of an amazing aurora being ripped by the monster himself, causing a not-needed mess in the family once again. The mess always started with him saying statements and obligating those to do things that they did not want to. Which would later lead to me speaking up for those who were scared to, yet this would continue until he was angered and started blaming me for all the damage that was caused; by him if I may add.