Vampire Shadows

Rowena stood by King Mortecai as Ashanti lowered the Erythmanthian. It was massive, yet this was said to be one of the smallest. These creatures were responsible for killing off half the vampire population. Centuries ago, when Eraydia was queen of Kieros, she had decided some of them could be tamed and kept as pets. They turned on her, and destroyed half her city, Nestor, and left the rest in ruins. 

Eraydia's younger brother, Mortecai, took advantage of her weakness, and declared his birthright as the firstborn and only son. She refused to give up her throne, and banished him. 

mortecai seethed in revenge. He gathered up rebels, criminals, and assasains, and created an army. He broke into his sister's city, and on the throne that he believed was rightfully his, he slayed Eraydia. Her majic cast him and his army out of Nestor. 

Mortecai set up his own city, named Pospheron, across the desert, and named himself immortal king of Kieros.

Over the centuries, humans and other immortals banded together to avenge Eraydia, to punish Mortecai for his betrayal. It is said that only the chosen nine will be allowed into Nestor, to inhereit the power and majic to defeat Mortecai. A war was about to be waged against the king. All hell was about to break loose in the land of Kieros.