chapter 2

Kaylon knew something wasn’t right. He couldn’t tell what exactly it was but he felt it. Dana would’t tell him, he knew that. There was something going on, something that wasn’t good. The others let off vibes, feelings. He felt it in them. He walked briskly down the long hallway, up the stairs, and out the door. He was in the woods now. He started running. Pretty soon he saw a movement out of the corner of his eye that stopped him.

It was big, the form of a boar. He knew from hunting and legend that it was too big to be a regular boar. It wasn’t, could it be?

He stopped and took a closer look. It was dead, recently killed. By what he didn’t know. Didn’t want to know. Its tusks were as long as his arm. He didn’t know what he should do with it. Leave it or take it. The blood smelled fresh...no. He would leave it. Let Dana find it. She would just love it.

He continued on his hunt. He stopped when he smelled human blood. That was strange. There wasn’t any humans around here he didnt think. 

Kaylon crept closer to the smell. He came to an old cabin in a clearing.the body lay close to another building, a small shed. Blood was splattered all over the snow. The body lay in a discarded heap next to the tree by the shed. A rusty hatchet lay beside it. He walked around the corpse, to the door of the shed. He tried to open it, but found it locked. He rammed against it with such force that the door broke inward.

There was a moldy, metallic smell in the air. Kaylon walked further inside, and soon found the reason why.

Her body lay there, covered in blood. Her dark hair was wet and matted with blood. Her eyes were wide open, bright red around the edges. Newborn. He wondered who had changed her, since she was so close and his clan didn’t turn non willing mortals.

He had to take her to the officials. It was either that or kill her. He was done killing. He knelt beside her, trying to measure a good way to embrace her. He touched her, and she snapped.

he barely had time to take in the pure hatred and fire in her eyes before she came at him.