Chapter 1: Reuniting

It's a normal day at the Manhattan SVU Squad room, modern day times. Phones are ringing off the hook, perps yelling they're innocent in the temporary jail, and victims arriving by the second to tell their stories. On one side of the squad room, Finn sits doing paperwork.  Olivia is currently talking to a victim, trying to calm her down, which won't be hard, it's her specialty. "No, I didn't see his face, i'm sorry! I should've looked harder, I just, froze." She explained to her.

"It's alright Cynthia it's not your fault, it's never the victim's fault." Olivia reassured her. The phone at Fin's desk started to sing.

"Yeah. Alright." He gets up and motions to Olivia. "Liv!" Olivia nods and motions for Amanda to take over. 

"Ok so Detective Rollins is going to take your statement" Patting Cynthia on the back, she can feel that Cynthia will get through this. 

"I'll see you in the car" Finn called over as he walked out. Olivia went to get her coat. She turned and went to her desk, lifting her head she saw a glimpse of something, no, someone. Suddenly, her heart pounded and her stomach turned, as she rushed to the interrogation room where she saw this mysterious person go. Is it? No It can't. She thought. She wouldn't let herself think like that. She ran to the interrogation room by the window, where a man stood looking around the room, as if he belonged there.

"Can I help you?" She asked confused. The man looked up. It seemed like time had stopped, the world stopped, everything was motionless. It was a dream, it's not real, wake up Olivia, wake up. But it wasn't. "Elliot?"

"Olivia." 

"El" She said with tears in her eyes, she ran up to him, as did he and they embraced, thinking about all of the times they were there for each other and when they weren't.  All of those years, she thought.

I can't believe I left He thought. Tears streamed down Olivia's face onto the back of Elliot's blue blazer, the same he always wore on the job. Elliot looked remorseful, not knowing what to do other than comfort Liv in this very moment. 

The having a sudden thought of doubt, Olivia pulls herself back. "It's been hard, El, hard to manage this place without you" she confessed with a nervous laugh.

"What happened to you, Liv? I've heard so much. I couldn't be here. I should have. I heard about Lewis. I'm so sorry." Elliot admitted sympathetically.

"Yeah." Olivia said as she stared at the ground and started walking away. Suddenly all of the emotions came rushing towards her. It is as if she had just been stuck by a force of events, as if it was all happening again. She was once again in the abandoned warehouse taped to a table, Lewis grabbing her, assaulting her.

Elliot proceeded to gesture with a friendly pat on the shoulder. "Get off of me!" Olivia yelled as she pushed him away. Elliot stood with disbelief  as well as worry in his eyes. "I'm sorry, i'm sorry. I-i don't" 

"It's ok, Liv." He told her holding her head on his shoulder as she cried. "It's going to be alright."