Peaceful Followings

Cynder's POV

Hallucinations had begun to set in ever since that strange experience when I was kidnapped. I thought I saw the temple destroyed and the land set ablaze, but everything was normal and as it should be. Only this strange new dragon, Vakaris. Who is he and why is he truly here?

In other issues, however, was my serious misconduct of time. How had I been missing for five days? There was no way that this was right, but the elders and their reactions seemed legitimate. As well as spyro's... Spyro has been so over protective over me ever since the dark master made an appearance several months ago, and however sweet of a jester it may be, it's rather obnoxious at the same time.

I leave just to be out of his gaze and his constant words. I cannot be confined to an area such as this, and Spyro just doesn't seem to understand my situation in the slightest. However gallantly he may act and be, he is not the most intellegent or observant.

This stranger Vakaris, however, is very different. He watches. He disects. He understands. Situations that he has no place in, he seemingly seems to know every condescending detail about the looming situation. But how? I don't understand it but there is a similarity between us. He's familiar in the most distant way. It's almost as if my---

"Cynder."

I spun around in dismay, only to be comforted by a familiar face.

"Terrador," I said, "you suprised me."

"I apoligize for that, but we need to talk. Now. Your situation is very peculiar, and the gem on your neck is only radiating with a strange energy. Who captured you?" Terrador asked.

"I don't remember anything about who captured me. All I know is that I awoke in the corruption lair of the dark master and.... there were others... I was taken into this room and this was placed around my neck and fused into my neck band. Strangly, when I awoke in the Heights though, I couldn't remember the crystal and I was hallucinating."

"Interesting. Very interesting. And then you found Vakaris?"

"Found is the word for it. He was in my hidden perch. I was going to rest for the night, but you can see where that went."

"He is an interesting soul. Very similar to Spyro yet you at the same time. I can't explain the similarities."

"I feel it too, Terrador. Something is happening. Let's just make sure it is not as devastating as last time."

Terrador nodded as he left the room. I had always trusted him more than the other elders. He just seemed more relatable to my situation when I first came here years ago.

In the other cooridors I heard conversations from various tongues, and I began to wonder what Spyro was doing with Vakaris. I let my mind wander for a few moments before walking out into the patio of the temple. I inhaled deeply and exhaled the crisp twilight air and I looked into the distance of the mountains and the forest. The quiet was so peaceful and calmed my senses. I was thinking about going for a fly again, but that thought was abruptly shattered by something grabbing my waist and pulling me backwards.

I flared my wings and shook my tail hoping the iron would stun my enemy... until I looked at who my "Enemy" was.

"Spyro! You can't just do that!" I screeched.

"I can and I just did love!" He joked and proceeded to pull on my waist.

"I'm going to get you, you dragonfly!" I cooed as in relaxed my composure and gave into his grip.

He pulled me closer to him and I lay down with him. I lay my head on his legs and he on my neck. His wings covered both of us and our heat fused together was so comfortable and soothing. I felt safe. Something I haven't for a while now.

I dozed off into the darkness with spyro by my side. And everything was at peace and it seemed to never change.

I hoped it would never change.