Chapter 11

Danny’s P.O.V

Talk? About what? What’s wrong now?

“About what?” I ask her worried.

“About us” She answers. What does she want to say? Does she want me back? “Danny, you don’t have to worry. I just want to explain what happened.” I’m relieved to hear that. I take her hand and we walk to our dressing rooms to collect our stuff and then go home.

On the way to my home, we order Pizza for tonight. When we arrive I let Jessie choose a movie and I go and change my clothes and wear something more comfortable. I pick up a t-shirt and a pair of jogging pants for her too if she wants to change clothes.

“I’ve brought you some clothes if you want to change in something more comfortable” I say as I enter in the living room.

“Thank you” She takes them from my hand and then, to my surprise, she undresses herself right there, in front of me.

“Jess, what are you doing?” I ask her.

“What? You have seen me without clothes many other times. But if you want I can go to the bathroom…” She answers and starts walking to the door.

“No! I like what I’m seeing” She puts on the clothes that I gave her and she sits on the couch. The door bell rings.

“It must be the pizza man.” I say and I start going to the door, but she’s quicker than me. She opens the door, takes the pizzas and pays the boy that brought them.

“What?” She asks me turning around to face me.

“It’s my house and I pay the delivery man” I answer.

“I wanted to do that” She says as she passes me and goes in the living room. I go in the kitchen and take something to drink. A beer for me and vitaminewater for her.

“What film did you choose?” I ask her as I sit on the couch next to her.

“I don’t know yet, we can choose together or …” She says and bites the pizza she’s holding in her hand.

“Or?” I question her.

“We can take a bath together” She answers.

“Well, a bath with you seems more interesting.” I say and then I remember that she’s still covered in bruises.

“Hurry on with your dinner then”

“Ms Cornish, don’t hurry me”

“I’ve really missed you and I want to spend some time with you” She says looking into my eyes.

“I’ve missed you too”

We finish our dinner and go in the bathroom. I set the bath and then strip off and sit in the bath. I watch as Jessie does the same. She sits between my legs and lies her back on me. Her head on my chest. I breathe her scent. There’s nothing better than this. I would love to stay like this for ever. With her in my arms. I gently massage her shoulder.

“What did you want to talk about?” I ask her.

“That evening, when you walked in the bar and you saw what you saw, it was not my fault” She says “I arrived early and went to the bathroom. When I walked out, there was that girl and she asked for an autograph and a picture with me. Then she hugged me and kissed me. I didn’t want to do that. But she was stronger and she pushed me on the wall and kept kissing. The only thing I was thinking about in that moment was you. I swear Danny that I would never do something like that to you. I love you and I would never cheat on you.” She turns her head and looks at me. I wrap my arms around her and hold her thigh.

“I know Jess. I should have left you explain. And I’m really sorry for what I said. But I was hurt and I thought that you moved on, that you didn’t care anymore about me. I even thought that you knew that that girl was auditioning. But then I realized that if you knew, you should have turned for her. But I was too proud to apologize to you and, as I said, I thought that you moved on.”

“When I watched you flirting with the other girls, I was dying inside. Danny, you are in my mind and in my heart. I can’t stop thinking about you. But I didn’t want to let you see that you broke my heart. I wanted you to think that I was fine. But inside I was falling to pieces.” She puts her arms around my neck. Now our faces are inches apart and our noses are touching. “If I think about my future, I see you by my side.” She says and then she kisses the tip of my nose.

“I want to be honest. I’ve tried to get over you. But it was impossible. Every girl I would talk with, I would search in her something about you. And I would never find what I was searching for. You are in my mind and in my heart too. I’m the happiest man on earth when I’m with you. So, do you want to be my girlfriend?”

“Sure I will.” I kiss her. I bite gently her bottom lip to make her open her mouth. I slide my tongue in her mouth. I’ve missed this taste. We keep kissing for what seems ours. I notice that she has got goosebumps and then I notice that the water is now cold.

“Let’s get out before we get a cold” I say and help her stand up. I help her out of the bath and wrap a towel around her. She adjusts it so it won’t fall down. I wrap one around my waste and then I kiss her again. I can’t get enough of her kisses. I lead her in the bedroom and we lie on the bad. We keep kissing. It never bores me. I could spend a day kissing her. Just kissing, not doing anything else. I feel her move a hand on my back and she adjusts herself under me. She wraps her legs around my hips and starts slowly moving them in circles.

“Jess …” I say between kisses “Stop …”

I stop kissing her and look at her. She’s disappointed. I kiss her again.

“Why do you want me to stop?” She asks me and then moves to kiss my neck.

She’s driving me insane, but her body is hurt. “Because you are covered in bruises after what happened yesterday”

She stops. “I don’t want to think about that anymore. I don’t want to think about him anymore. He’s my past and I want you to be my future.”

“I want to be your future so bad, but understand me. I’m scared to hurt you”

“I understand. Danny you are the best thing that could possibly happen to me. I love you so much”

“I love you too, in fact I love you so much that it hurts” I kiss her “I want you to promise me something”

“Anything” She says cupping my face with her hand. She slightly brushes my cheek with it and I can’t get enough of her touch.

“I want you to trust me. If you are in trouble, I want you to call me. If you need something, call me. I’m here for you.” I say moving hair from face. She smiles at me. A wide smile. A true one. I’m so happy to see her smile again that I smile too. I kiss her once more and then get up from the bed and go to my closet and put on some boxers and a tee. I give Jessie some clothes too. She doesn’t contest my decision, she just puts them one and, after I turn off the light and lie in bed, she snuggles closer to me and we soon fall asleep in each other arms.