Before He Cheats - chapter 8

Chapter 8

I stared at Grayson as he lay unconscious on the kitchen floor, mesmerized by his amazing naked body.

I used to know it better that I knew my own and it seemed that it had changed a lot since the last time I’d seen him this way. His abs were now more defined and his smooth skin definitely looked tanner. My gaze wandered down his body once again and landed on Leo.

I couldn’t help but smile as I remembered the name he’d chosen for his manhood after I’d admitted the big crush I had on Leonardo Dicaprio when I was thirteen. He claimed that after he’d given it the name whenever I thought of the sexy actor I’d think of him and if I have to be completely honest, it had definitely worked.

I snapped out of my daze and froze when I heard a loud gasp from behind me. Damn it, I had totally forgotten that I wasn’t alone. I turned around slowly and came face to face with Brendan, Holly and the tall blonde who’d opened the door earlier.

“You killed him!?” Holly exclaimed as her shocked eyes darted back and forth between Grayson and me. Brandon wrapped an arm around her waist to calm her down a little but I could see that he was just as shocked.

 “I didn’t kill him.  He’ll just have a little headache when he wakes up.”

The tall blonde next to my friends spoke suddenly, making all of us all look at her. “I guess Grayson was right, then.”

She was still only wearing Grayson’s shirt and it annoyed me beyond belief how good she looked in it. Her tan legs were long and toned and you could see that she definitely loved to work out. Her arms were crossed over her chest and when I looked up at her face a small smile was tugged at the corner of her lips and amusement was evident in her bright green eyes. 

I glanced at Holly and Brendan for a second, before looking back at her.

“Right about what?” I finally asked even though I wasn’t really sure if I wanted to hear the answer.

“That you’re a bitch,” she informed me.

Nope. Definitely didn’t want to hear that.

I gave her a cold look to which her smile only grew wider. “Don’t worry honey, I’m not that nice either and if you throw another thing at my boyfriend’s head I’d be more than happy to show how much of a bigger bitch I really am.” Her smile disappeared and I could see the challenge in her narrowed eyes.

 “Whatever.” I looked away from her and from the corner of my eye I saw her smirking. I turned to my friends and smiled at them. “I’m going to go take a shower guys; you can do whatever you want with Grayson. Draw mustaches on his face, set him on fire. Whatever. I don’t care.”

With that being said I turned and walked towards the bathroom, my mind filling with questions about the supposed new girlfriend of my ex- boyfriend.

******

When I walked in the living room half an hour later, Brandon and Holly were nowhere in sight.

Grayson was sitting on the couch with his lovely girlfriend, who was straddling his lap and pressing a cold beer can against his forehead. Thankfully, he was dressed now in a plain white t-shirt and a pair of dark washed jeans.

Once he saw me enter he pushed Blondie of off him and stood up from the couch, a deadly look on his face.

“I could sue you for that, you know.” His voice was ice cold and I could see that he was trying to stay calm but it really wasn’t working for him.

“Oh, please. You totally deserved it. How could you lock me out of my own apartment for the whole night?” I questioned, raising my voice a little higher even though it only made the throbbing in my head that I had from before worse.

“You stole my car and I could have a concussion right now.”

“We both know I won’t be that lucky,” I retorted and turned towards the kitchen but not before catching the hard glare that he was giving me.

“Where the hell are you going? I’m not done talking to you.” He caught my hand and spun me around.

“Well, I don’t want to talk to you,” I told him simply and walked into the kitchen, leaving him alone behind with his toy.

I was starving because I hadn’t eaten since yesterday and was now in the mood for one of my favorite things in the world.

Pickles.

Opening the refrigerator, I looked for my jar of pickles. I searched everywhere, pushing frantically past beer cans and leftover boxes. They were nowhere to be seen. I slammed the refrigerator door shut and stomped into my living room only to stop dead in my tracks at the sight in front of me.

Barbie was lying on the couch with her legs wrapped around Grayson’s waist, who was on top of her and eagerly kissing her mouth.

I stood there and just stared at both of them, tears threatening to spill out of my eyes. Damn it, I had sworn to myself that I was never going to cry over him again. It was just very hard to watch up close the boy who I had been in love with just a couple of weeks ago making out with another girl.

After a few painful minutes, they finally sensed that I was there. They pulled away from each other and turned their heads towards me. As soon as their eyes landed on me a smirk appeared on both of their faces.

God, they were perfect for each other.

“I thought that you didn’t want to talk to me,” Grayson said. His eyelids were lowered and he looked damn sexy. Too bad he was kissing Blondie.

“I don’t,” I snapped and took a deep breath to keep myself from screaming at him. “I only came here to ask you where my jar of pickles is.”

“In the trash can,” he answered simply then leaned down and began kissing the neck of the girl beneath him.

I couldn’t be there any longer so I stomped towards the front door, eager to get out as quickly as possible. I slid my shoes onto my feet, opened the door and was about to walk out when a great idea popped into my head.

 “By the way,” I began and waited for both of their attention. When they both looked up I continued. “I’m going out to meet my boyfriend now and if the door is locked when I come home Grayson, don’t expect to see your car in the morning.” I smirked when I saw his horrified expression, walked out of the apartment and slammed the door behind me.

*************************************

Hey guys!

I just wanted to thank everybody who read, commented or voted on the last chapter. It really means a lot to me and I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter just as much!

Special thanks to KatieJohnson again. You should definitely go check out her work, because she’s awesome!

Xoxo Yani