1.

We have been on the move for so long now it seems impossible to stop. Then again, in a sense it really would be close to it, as it will have unpredictable consequenses. We are currently moving on the verge of KT space/time waves, stopping every here and there in the universe, but always moving on. It would probably help if you could imagine me and Jim riding bikes in a long tunel. With a speed too close to beating that of light. Now imagine a big rock just outside the walls of the tunnel. We exit right through one of them and stop for a quick break. At first, it's a wellcomed respite from the long trip. However, the longer we rest, the worse our and our bikes' (physical) condition will become, untill we'll no longer be able to continue without some not unimportant struggle. And this, my friend, is why you shouldn't call 30 minutes a quick break and why me and my companion wouldn't like to straigh from our set way. Of course, we're not riding bikes through space and a nuclear-energy reactor is not your typical vehicle. This makes a long stay anywhere even more unwanted. As I already said. On the other hand I hope you've already asked yourselfes some questions regarding my last statement , for it's in the first sentence in black and white that we do have ocassional "breaks". To explain that in the spirit of the previous example I'd say that to some rocks one simply can't resist.
     Next I will present a brief explanation for the whole metaphorical and non-metaphorical thing, for I do believe you and I both feel I own you one. My name could be whatever you choose to call me for now. My companions name you already know- Jim. So let's move on to what you don't. The two of us are the sole members of the crew on the spaceship. Our journey started at planet Earth before a number of years, exceeding the sum of the life expectancies of all of the people we left back there. Noone excluded from that number. At the time we left, our ship was though to be the hieghest of peaks human technology would ever reach . It's selfefficient, extremely fast, perfectly programmed(or so we were told, none of us understood a thing from programming back then). And above all, it was and for the two of us still is, our best chance to complete the mission we've started. About which (sadly for you) you will understand more later.
      The development of our ship had been a top-secret project for many years before it was presented to the public. The latter happened one sunny day in the biggest auditorium they could find for three days. It was as if the police had been giving an official announcement they'd brough an alien to earth. The place was crowded with journalists and all sorts of people, and it was broadcasted as an emergency emission on every official channel in the UK. Alexamder Hightight, an ex-tutor at the old Oxford gave a speech about a new generation of spaceships our scientists had though of. Prolongued and in a lot of technical detail, he spent almost 4 hours describing the process of developing of spaceships since its very beginning and then another 3 pointing out the advantages the new generation would have. 7 unforgetable hoirs that captured a nations attention. However, not many were these who understood the hidden purpose of the preaentation. It wasn't a simple futurology example or some hostory class. It was an advertisement. Only these who had interest for such things had gotten the privilege of being first. The first ones to be able to order such a mashine. Jim(you haven't forgotten the topic, I hope) was lucky to know the professor. My friend has always seamed to be light-headed when taking his irrational decissions. He desided he needed one. A promise we'd given each other as kids, I had to help.It cost us both some effort to get there, but at the end we'd booked a ship and were ever so happy about it. It may now seem to you that Jim is the dreamer-sort, but I assure you he's never been like that. Once a given stupid decission had been taken, he turned into a quiet rational and determined person. We now had to find an inormous amount of money...

If you vote or comment, I'll know you are reading,so please do! :)