7.

I didn't know, never knew what had me believing he wouldn't find out if I tried to do it at night. I estimated it being around eleven or even midnight, it had been maybe four or five hours since I had eaten his food, since he had choked me for the second time, since I had realised.

He was a ghost, I knew it, that explained his utterly inhuman behaviour and his abilities. And of course, no matter whether it was the reality or whether I was dreaming, imagining all of this - in any case fleeing (or at least trying to) could rescue me.

The hall was almost completely dark, there was a bit of light falling through the huge windows, yet it didn't reach up to the door. I had to rely on my memory now, the few images I had picked up on my exploring tour with Danny and Nathan, as we had been searching a mirror, in order to not get lost in this maze of a house. There was the grand possibility that this hall was in a completely other part of the mansion, one that we hadn't been to, but I was trying to remain positive. I was ecstatic as I stepped out into the corridor, I was scared to nearly death.

Rose, you stay calm now. We'll do it. We'll find the phone, then leave. We'll get out alive, like Danny's wanted us to. I was talking with myself up in my head. I tried to decrease the fear that way. It didn't quite work out. How could it have, anyway? Tell me one scenario being more frightening and spookier and scarier and more horror than this: Night time and I was wandering through the completely dark mansion haunted by this older than ninety years ghost, this mansion four, possibly five people had been murdered in yesterday? No, you can't convince me you came up with something scarier.

I didn't know where I was going. It was soon, after perhaps three or four turns in all these maze-like corridors, when I began to become paranoid. I heard noises. The wind was hitting against the facade, was blowing through the windows, was making me shiver. I heard noises. The floor creaked, the wood was moving, I heard doors opening and shutting, door handles twisting, silent whispers and silent music. Old music, music being played loudly in a completely other part of the mansion, being played from an ancient phonograph.

And suddenly, the song changed. The song that had seemed to be repeated over and over changed. Very abruptly. Each step I made, it seemed like I was coming closer, it seemed like the music was getting louder and louder and louder. It was soon when a whistling joined the melody. And suddenly, I took another turn, a short corridor was revealed in front of me, and I had a heart attack. I had a heart attack.

Opposite of my position, at the wall that made this hallway an impact, hung a mirror. It had a golden frame, I didn't know why the moon seemed to shine so bright right now. And it wasn't as though a mirror right there wasn't frightening enough - because a stupid mirror being the only reason I was caught in this mansion anyway, being the reason my boyfriend was dead - it was also that in the mirror was the phonograph the music was coming from, playing a record that hadn't existed yet back in 1924, and myself was sitting in front of it, whistling, singing along.

I took a few steps back, disappearing behind the wall. My heart was in my throat. I closed my eyes. I wanted to shut everything out. I was going to lose consciousness because of fear, I believed. This wasn't possible. I wasn't sitting in front of anything, there was no stupid turntable in the corridor, so why did the reflection show so?

"C'mon, Rosie, this is your favourite song!"

My voice. My voice was speaking to my ears. I was speaking to myself, technically, just what made the big, scary difference was that I hadn't opened my mouth to say something.

"You can't always hide, Rosie. C'mon over, it's your favourite song after all."

I hadn't yet properly registered what song it was being played loudly from the ancient device. I moved my head forward, peaking from behind the corner. It hadn't disappeared yet. There are no words for how frightening it was to have a reflection staring straight into my eyes when I wasn't doing the exact same thing as that girl in the mirror.