Chapter 7: True Identity

(Courtney's POV)

As soon as he had teleported, he had knocked me out, as I woke up, and my hands and legs were strapped down to examination table. I looked around, trying to figure out what was going on, and then I saw a man. I wasn't sure who it was at first, then I realized something. It had to be the Masked Man. Trying to act like I didn't know what was going on, I groaned. "Ugh... What... Where am I...?"

I then heard a chuckle, and I knew it was the Masked Man. "Ah, Courtney. Do you really think you can fool me? I know what you have already figured out. Remember; I can read minds.

I cursed. How could I forget that? I sighed. "Alright. You got me. How long have I been out?"

I then heard something being mixed, and I tried to read his mind to see if I could figure out what he was doing, but I was hearing an odd fuzz.

The Masked Man chuckled. "I know what you just tried to do. You make it very obvious to me when you go to read my mind, so I was able to block you, but that wasn't what you wanted to hear. Fine. I will tell you. You've been out for about, ah, three days? ... Yes. Three days. You've been been out for three days.

To be honest, that didn't really surprise me. I felt really hungry, and quite thirsty. "Well, can I have something to eat? I am kinda hungry."

"Of course," he said as he snapped his fingers.

When he did, the restraints that were holding me down unlocked, and I looked at my wrists, and I was expecting them to be red and sore, but they looked completely normal, as if I wasn't actually strapped down for three days.

The Masked Man chuckled. "You are right Courtney, my dear, you have not been strapped down for three straight days. I've been doing a bit of experimenting," he said with a slight chuckle.

I then sat up, and I took everything in. I first saw that I was in some type of lab gown, and I could tell that there was nothing on underneath. I then took in the room itself. It was obviously a lab, all sorts of machines, flasks, beakers, and odd liquids all over the room. And then I saw him. He was looking right at me. The Masked Man, minus everything, in a simple lab coat, and I gasped. I knew who he was. "H-Hunter!"

He smirked. "Well, well. Seems as if you have figured it out. That's right. I, Hunter Stone, your girlfriend's brother, am the Masked Man," he said with a smirk.

The way he smirked looked very evil, and it was amplified with the black hair and blue eyes that he had, unlike his sister, Lauren Stone. Now, before you ask. No, I am not lesbian. (A/N: Same IRL. -_-) Lauren is just my best girl friend that I have.

He sighed. "You know, you are the whole reason I am like this. If you had become my girlfriend, none of this would've happened."

As soon as he said that, I remembered that I was only in a lab gown, and I started to blush very brightly.

Hunter sighed and shook his head. "Courtney. You know me. I would never do that."

I growled. "That's not the point. Now tell me why you want me," I said, hopping off the table.

He chuckled. "Very well then," he said, snapping his his fingers. This time, I doubled over in pain as several images flashed through my mind. 

I saw nothing but horrifying images. Fire and destruction everywhere. And then I saw myself. And I was causing said destruction.

And then it all went away in an instant, and I was on the ground. "Urgh... What... What was that?"

Hunter chuckled. "That Courtney, is the future. However, there is nothing that you can do to stop this. Now, I do have one more thing I have to do with you before we can start our training..."

"T-training?"

Hunter nodded. "Yeah. You need to master the use of your powers like I have. I may or may not let you keep the name you gave yourself, but with a little tweak. You'd be known as the Masked Psy. Like it?"

I growled. "No! And whether you like it or not, Ray will find a way get me back!"

He chuckled. "Alright then," he said before everything went black, and I dropped to the ground from pain.