Black & White

Black

&

White

Chapter 1: Hot problems

I hate school.

I get up every single morning at six am to go to classes that are way too easy, meet people who are less than me, and then go to cheerleading to waste time until six pm. There really isn’t a point. I sit by friends who I’ve known for years, and do tests that I know every answer for. For everyone wondering about if I cheat or not, I don’t. I’m the one smart cheerleader. No its not because I study, or because I focus. It’s because I’m an angel. Or use to be anyways, but we’ll get to that.

Being an angel has its ups and downs. It gives me an intelligent edge. I can learn things almost instantly, and I get some killer looks from it. Hourglass figure and some gorgeous blonde locks. Oh and my cyan eyes always knock the boys on their knees. Downs, I can’t use some of my powers. I can’t use my wings, which is really tough to do when they try to come out instinctively when I fall. And I’m a cheerleader. Do the math. Unless you’re incapable of it like my fellow cheerleaders.

Anyways, It was eight in the morning and I flew into the alley behind the school, fixed my hair, and I walked around the halls to see Axle.

Axle was the cutest guy in the school. He was really buff, but not in the creepy disgusting way. And his black faux hawk. Oh, he was one to fight over. And we did. My three friends, Bridgette, Moxxy, and Paige were the queens of the school, but even we bowed to Axle’s sweet charms. I almost felt my halo go over my head when I saw him. Yah, I can get a halo. I swooped over my head to make sure it wasn’t there and then I strutted past Axle twiddling my fingers. I always thought about the weirdest thing like what my name would be if I married him. Cynthia Cruise would be way cooler then Cynthia Snyder. Its more angelic too.

Just as I did that Tai ran into me. Now, Tai was asian, if his last name Chae-sun sure didn’t give it away, but he wasn’t the brightest. Or the strongest. He really wasn’t good at anything. Except for sleeping. I remember one time he fell asleep in the cafeteria when the teacher sent him there to do a test in first block, and he woke up at lunch when everyone ran in. He must have just got up from a late nap, because he looked pretty rushed. I also saw Henry in the corner of my eye.

Every popular girl has one. That one unpopular boy who constantly checks me out and he oggles me. He always tried to ask me out but he couldn’t do it. “Don’t say anything Dread...” I muttered to him. His name was Henry Drudson, but the only cute thing about him was his british accent. I called him Dreadson because of his messy brown hair and old scratched glasses. Man, thirty seconds and I’ve already covered Henry, Tai, and Axle. Then I got to my locker and I saw the girls.

Bridgette was outgoing and really fun, but her hair was more of a dirty blonde than mine. Why do I say but? Because Bridgette can get on my nerves. I’ll be talking to a boy and she’ll run in and take him from me! She always drove me nuts. She’s the reason Axle wasn’t mine... yet.

I didn’t particularly like Moxxy. She was Paige’s friend. She and her mop of red hair knew how to get around. We were at the end of grade 11 and she had been with, like, thirty different guys! I mean, really, she was definitely someone an angel shouldn’t be hanging out with...

And Paige. Paige was silent. She might have been my best friend but I still didn’t know much about her. She was also gorgeous. She was (Almost) Prettier than me. Her brown hair was nicely curled over her shoulders. She could be dating Axle if she talked more...

I really needed better friends. I saw something in the corner of my eye. Three goth kids. Greg, Hilda, and Beleena. I was a nice enough girl so I muttered.