Chapter 4 | Date..?

You clear your throat to break the silence.

Napstablook turns his eyes away from yours. "Well... this is awkward..."

"Yea," you agree. "So um... what now...? A date...?"

Blooky nods and you follow him out of his house.

Napstablook leads you to a beautiful spot near a waterfall. The place is lit by light blue mushrooms and it looks amazing. You walk across a thin bridge with your boyfriend floating behind before sitting down. You take off your shoes and socks before dipping your feet in the rushing water. You think this feels very nice.

You grin from ear to ear. Blooky doesn't.

"So... I hope you're enjoying this..." He looks around. "You know... I usually only come here because no one else does... but... I love you so um..."

You giggle. You find his awkwardness very cute. But then that thought gets stuck in your head again. 'I'll never be able to hug him or kiss him and this relationship will just crash and burn... I want to be a ghost... there's no way to become one though...'

'Wait. There is.'

You look down at your watch. It says 22:14.

"Oh, it's getting late," you say. "I'd better be getting back home."

Napstablook nods. "Okay... well I had a great night... see you sometime... Here, I'll give you my number."

He writes down his number on a piece of paper. You grab this and put it in your pocket.

"Cya Blooky!"

"Bye, Y/N..."

Once he's out of sight, you run. You don't know where to. You're speeding off through the cave, feeling the breeze. Suddenly you see a good spot. A digital sign above you says 'WELCOME TO HOTLAND'. You look down from the path you're on. Lava. Perfect. You close your eyes and jump.

Falling down... falling... falling. Stop. 'Wait, what?!"

You open your eyes. "Blooky!"

The awkward ghost catches you.

"Wait..." you say. "How did you..?"

"Alphys," Napstablook answers.

You think of the nerdy anime-lover. The royal scientist.

"Alphys?" You reply. "What did she do?"

Napstablook flys you up to the surface. "She used a special machine she had made a long time ago to make ghosts able to interact with humans... why she made it...? I don't know... but yeah I just stood in... and she flicked a switch? Then stuff happened... flashing... beeping noi-"

You interrupt his talking by planting a kiss on his mouth. He blushes, and so do you.

"I like this way better now," you comment.

The ghost nods. "You're the first one I can actually talk to without leaving me..."

You smile and reply, "I would never leave you, Blooky."