Chapter One

Jon Come Here Please" My Mothers Loud Voice Rang Through The House.
Here I Come" I Said As I Turn Off The Music I Was Playing.
Look One Of My Friend Are Coming Over So Can You Get Dressed" My Mother Said With Pleading Eyes.
Yea Which One Of Your Friends Is It The Blond One Maria Is Her Name Right" I Questioned As I Looked Inside One Of The Many Pots On The Stove.
No You Never Met Them Before So Be On Your Best Behavior For Me "She Said More Like Commanded.
What Time Are They Suppose To Be Coming Over" I Asked As I Headed Toward The Stairs.
In A Hour Or So"She Shrugged As She Turned Back To The Stove.
Okay" I Said More To Myself Then My Mom
What Should I Wear" I Thought To Myself.
After Searching Through My Closet I Found Something Not To Plain But Not To Out There. Shower Time" I Smiled To Myslef As I Walked Into My Bathroom Connected To My Room. After Washing Up And Drying Off I Put On My Underwear, And Lotioned Up Then I Put On My Clothes. Which Was Some Scrap Ripped Jeans My All Black Jordan Eclispes On And All Black Tee-Shirt. Ding-Dong The Door Bell Rang As I Reached The Final Step.
Hopefully This Goes Well" I Thought To Myself As I Mentally Rolled My Eyes.
Hey Jonathan How Are You" My Mother Asked As She Hugged And Kissed Whoever Was At The Door.
Mmm It Smells Good In Here Ms. Kingsley Can't Wait To Eat" Said A Second Voice Still At The Door.
Oh Where Are My Manners Come In And Make Yourself At Home" My Mother Said With A Smile Plastered On Her Face Looking Me In My Eyes As A Warning As She Let Whoever Was At The Door In.
Well Hello There You Must Be Dejon My Name Is Jonathan But You Can Call Me Nate And This Is My Son Chresanto August Better Known As Santo August" The Man Said As He Reached Out To Shake My Hand.
Nice To Meet You Nate And Chresanto" I Said As I Smiled My Best Impression Of Smile That I Could.
Call Me Santo" He Said Giving Me Some Sort Of Glare.
The Food Should Be Ready In A Few Minutes, Jon Show Santo Around The House" My Mother Said
Okay Mother Just Call Us When The Food Is Done" I Said Backing Up To The Stairs As I Gestured For Santo To Follow Me.
As Soon As We Got Up The Stairs And Out Of EarShot Distance He Suddenly Stopped Which Made Me Stop.
Is There Something Wrong" I Questioned His Motives For Stopping.
Look Here Is How This Is Gonna Workout Me And My Dad Dont Need Anymore Friends Or Whatever They Call ThemSelves Do You Understand Me" He Said Taking A Step Closer With Evey Word Which Caused Me To Run Into The Wall As He Put His Hands On EachSide Of The Wall Beside My Face Trapping Me Between Him And The Wall.
Well Me And My Mom Dont Need Anybody Nor Want Anybody Else We Been Doing This Shit By Ourselves Since Day One" I Spat Back At Him.
We Just Stood There And Stared At Each Other I Took This Time To Take In His Features His Brown Eyes, His Plump Lips, His Perfectly Structured Jaw Line, And His Carmel Complexion.
Dont Let Temptation Take Control No Matter How Cute He Is" I Mentally Chanted To MySelf.
Boys Dinner Is Ready" My Mother Yelled From Down The Stairs.
Shit" Santo Muttered To Himself Before He Walked Off And Down The Stairs Leaving Me Stuck In My Place.
He Was Not Just About To Kiss Me Shit Mom Way To Ruin A Moment" I Thought To Myself As I Put The Thought In The Back Of My Head And Walked Dowm The Stairs.
What Took You So Long To Come Down The Stairs" My Mom And Nate Asked At Same Time.
I Look At Santo And We Made Eye Contact "Oh I Had To Use The Bathroom" I Said Trying To Convince Myself More Than Them.
Well Lets Eat Becuase I Have Something To Tell Yall" Nate Said As He Dugg In. Well Might As Well Anything To Forget About What Happened Earlier.
That Was Good Ms. Kingsley" Santo Said To My Mom As He Put His Plate In The Dishwasher.
Yea Mom You Need To Always Cook Like This" I Beamed As I Walked To The Fridge To Get More Lemonade.
I Thought That Was Very Good Now Everybody In The Livingroom I Have An Announcement To Make" Nate Said Making Hand gestures For Us To Get Out.
Okay Evette Kingsley I Know We Have Only Known Each Other For A Few Months Now-(gco)
And When Were You Go Do The Pleasure Of Telling Me Mother" I Said Not Liking The Direction This Was Turning In.
Let Him Finish" Santo Said Looking At Me.
Well Then" I Mumbled To Myself.
Anyways Will You Marry Me" He Said As He Got On One Knee And Searched His Pockets For Something Im Assuming Is The Ring.
Fuck" Nate Voice Bommed In The House
What" Me My Mom And Santo Asked At The Same Time
The Ring Is In The Car Can You Get It For Me Santo" Nate Asked With A More Serious Tone.
Umm Sure Thing Dad" He Said Not Sure Of Himself As He Walked To The Door And Opened It.
Do One Of Yall Have An Umbrella I Can Use" Santo Asked Staring Out The Open Door.
Are You Seriously That Stupid You Need A Umbrella To Go To A Car" I Questioned Him
Naw But I Do When Its Raining" He Said Harshly.
Its A Umbrella Upstairs In The Hall Closet" My Mom Said Looking At Me.
For Crying Out Loud Just Give Me The Keys Back Ill Get It My Damn Self" Nate Said With His Hand Out To Take The Keys.
So Again Will You Marry Me" Nate Asked Back On One Knee Soaking Wet.
If I Say Yes You Have To Stay Over I Dont Want Yall Driving In The Rain" My Mom Said In A Worried Tone.
Sure" Nate Said
Then Yes Now Come Lets Get You Out These Wet Clothes" My Mom Said Grabbing Nates Hand As He Followed Behind Her Leaving Just Me And Santo.
Well This Is A Hell Of A Night" I Said To Myself As I Turned On The T.v.