chapter five

U G H

IM SO DONE WITH YOU PEOPLE

IS IT SO HARD TO JUST VOTE THIS STORY

HNNGNDJDJ

######

chapter five

I begin my journey home after talking with my new employers, Ben and Joe. I pass a small consignment shop as I'm walking and I pause to peer into the window. There are several black studded boots in the window. That's intruiging enough for me. I decide to head in.

The woman behind the counter at the back smiles and waves, "Welcome to Reduce, Reuse, Rewear! How can I help you?"

That must be their shitty thrift shop name.

"Uh, don't judge me when I ask this but... What's something hot I could wear?"

"Hot? As in oversized sweater or sexy?" She appears at my side within moments.

"S-sexy, I guess." I rub my temples with my hands. This is so weird and wrong.

"I'll lay some things out for you. Go ahead and glance around for anything else you might want." She takes a good long stare at me up and down, checking out my body style, before she turns around to concentrate.

I nod, turning to a rack on the left side. My fingers leaf through countless tshirts and I drape a few over my arm to try on since I haven't brought much with me to Stowntown. A find a bunch more band shirts, which sews a grin on my lips. Asking Alexandra, Ramones, and Pierce the Veil. Radical.

"Alright, ready?" the woman calls.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I grumble.

"Why are you looking for these, might I ask?" she hands me a stack of clothes. I don't dare to look at them yet.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

She smiles, "The changing room is down the back hall. Come out and show me a few, I'm happy to help."

"Thanks," I mumble, dashing off into a room and pulling the curtain shut.

Now, to see what she's given me...

Holy shit.

The first garment I pick up is made of pleather, like vinyl, and has golden spikey studs sticking out all over the tiny vest. The bottom is connected to the vest with a thin lacey black ribbon that criscrosses up the sides of my hips. I shrug and sigh, pulling on the bikini-like-bottom. I tie up the sides and rearrange my chest to fit into the bust. My boobs pop up over the strapless top like rolling hills. Holy shit.

"Can I see?" the woman calls.

I groan inwardly, "One sec."

I pull on a pair of black high heels that she handed me and I run a hand through my hair that I've let down. Then I wobble as I tap out of the room, my feet already aching.

"Hnrggnmn," I mumble as I enter into the main shop. I don't even look up, just staring into the big mirror in the center of the store. Her jaw hangs open wide.

"Goddamn," she curses bluntly, "You look..."

"Ridiculous."

"No... You look so sexy."

"What? I look like a hooker!"

"You said hot..."

"Well..."

I turn around, peering over my shoulder at my butt.

"Wow," I breathe, staring at myself, "Uhm..."