Chapter 1: First Assassination

I’m hungry. I’m cold. I was somewhere in Europe in winter.

            “I don’t want to keep living. Should a 5 year old experience such a thing?” I thought as I slowly walked in the cold wearing only a large light brown rag. My black hair and my dark red eyes are constantly attracting attention from the people around me who had blond hair and blue eyes, and as I continue walking while looking down -to avoid the stares- someone comes in my way.

            “You need money?” The man in the suit said.

            “Yes.” I said as I looked up to find a man with a tall and sturdy build. He looked at me with his pure black eyes, and his black hair under his black hat with a black business-like outfit.

            “Very well.” The man said as he kneeled down to look at me. “You see that fat man in the crowd with the large red scarf?”

            “Yes.” I said, after looking behind me to the man being pointed out.

            “Good. I want you to take these, and kill him. Then, go to the location on the paper. That will be where I’ll have the money prepared for you.” The man said.

            I nodded and the man in the suit moves leaves. I looked at the dagger given to me. It was around 6 inches long with snake on its handle and a double-edged blade with a sheath that covers only the blade part but took a bit of force to take out, along with a long strap. Then, I unfolded the paper up and remember passing by the area noted down on it. I took the dagger and hid it under my clothes -strapping the blade around my left shoulder- while making sure that the blade was pointing downward over my heart.

            I pulled the rags I was wearing over my head and ran towards the fat man. When I was in front of him, I put my right hand on the hilt of my dagger, and took it out without hesitation to jump-slashed the area that I imagine his heart to be. After I had landed, I jumped up and stabbed the center of where I had just slashed without checking to see if he was still alive or not. Then, I ran away in a nearby alleyway trying to go to the area I was suppose to meet the man in the suit, as I put the dagger back into its sheath.

            Meanwhile, the man in the suit was on his phone leisurely walking towards the meeting place.

            “I’ll need some extra money to pay the assassin.” The man in the suit said over the phone.

            “NO! I’m not paying anymore for your services.” The man on the other end of the phone yelled.

            “I see.” The man in the suit said. Then he shuts his phone and goes to the meeting place.

            I kept running 'till I found the meeting spot, which was at a burnt factory surrounded by snow. I waited a few minutes and the man in the suit arrived.

            “He’s dead.” I said looking in the man’s eyes that was only a few yards away.

            “Good. Here’s your payment.” The man in the suit said as he took a wad of cash from his back pocket and threw it into the air. It scattered around but I ran toward the money, picking up all the bills I could find.

            “Thank you.” I said as I bowed to him while walking away.

            “Wait!” He said and I looked back. “If you want more money you can join me.”

            “Will I make this much?” I asked.

            “You’ll make much more in the future as long as you follow my guidance.” He said.

            “I’ll join.” I said resolutely.

            “First thing I want you to do is tell me what’s your name.” He said.

            “Rikako Yuuki.” I responded. “How about this dagger?”

            “You can keep it. Think of it as your present for joining me.” He said.

            “Thank you.” I said as I bowed.

            “Let’s go.” He said while turning around and quickly followed him as he walks away.

            I wake up from my dream.

            “I’m 16 yet I still remember that dream. That geezer should really stop appearing in my dreams all the time.” I thought as I got dressed, and put on my contacts to make my eyes black. As I was going downstairs, I hear someone knocking the door. I immediately took out my gun on the stairs, and made sure I wouldn't be seen. Then, I used some thin string to turn the knob of the door, which opened up easily and two people walk in.

            “Police!” One of them yelled.