Three┃New Power Unlocked: Reality Warping

The thirst made me cringe, I could feel the cold enveloping my body in the winter, so intense that my teeth began to chatter uncontrollably

The thirst made me cringe, I could feel the cold enveloping my body in the winter, so intense that my teeth began to chatter uncontrollably. A winter that took over my mind, I retreated from the guards and turned around to find Silva straight up in my face.

"Fuck!" I yelped out.

Silva held up a white bag, the red liquid making it unmistakable to miss the fact that it was blood.

I took a deep breath in a short moment, the delicious smell of blood hitting my nostrils. Without a second thought, I tore it out of her hands. A moan slipped out of my mouth. Realizing what I had just done, I felt uncomfortable.

Vicente's green eyes penetrated into mine from the other side of the room and for a second, I forgot to breathe.

Silva tugged my jacket. "Lord Kint will start soon, we need to go."

I turned away and walked with Silva.

"Did you see the way he looked at you?" Silva asked, amused.

"He looked like he wanted to eat me," I shivered by the thought alone, I threw a glance at Vicente before rapidly looking away.

"There are not many guys he likes to stare at, you seem to have caught his interest." Silva shrugged and continued to walk.

I coughed into my palm and if I had been able to blush, I certainly would have.

"Is he gay?"

I must have sounded like an idiot, even now I wish I could take back the words which came out of my mouth.

"Yeah, he hits on guys all the time." Silva stopped walking and opened the door to a big room.

It was a big arena that had been cleared out of all its contents. Already a group around 150 peoples were there, talking in loud voices and hissing angrily between themselves. Some of them held, what do you even call it? Elemental powers in their hands.

One had a small fire in her palm and was shamelessly playing with it; the fireball went everywhere and almost set the building on fire until another girl used her water powers to avoid that.

I couldn't believe that what I was seeing was real, these things shouldn't even be existing.

Lord Kint clapped his hands and everyone went quiet. "I am going to see your fighting skills and powers, those who are not good enough will end up... Somewhere else."

I leaned closer to Silva and whispered "I got no fighting training and I have never used 'powers'," using quotation marks with my hands while saying powers out loud.

"Pair up with me, I will help you," Silva whispered back and on the back of my mind I noticed that everyone could hear everything we were saying.

I put up my fists in what I believed was a fighting stance, my eyes flickering nervously.

Silva moved quickly, her fist connecting with my jaw and I let out a scream of surprise.

Weirdly enough I didn't felt the compact at all, then I lashed out and managed to make Silva fall on the floor.

"Now we are talking," Silva smirked.

Suddenly I felt the world stop around me, hundreds of strings dancing in waves around me. I twisted it in my fingers then it was gone. Though one thing in the room had become something else, the lights were gone from the celling.