Chapter 9

Chapter 9.

(Stace’s POV)

                I woke up with a head ache, remembering what happened last night. I sat down on my bed and noticed that Marco wasn’t there, I looked at the window and the sun was shining brightly. I quickly grabbed my phone and looked at the time... 7 am?! Tracy! I quickly went down and saw my mom cooking.

                “Where’s Tracy?” I asked.

                “Oh, Marco brought her to school, he also told me that he wanted you to rest and relax for today, he’s ganna take care of the work you left at the  branch you have here.” Mom said.

                “Oh,” I sat on the chair and she served me a plate of eggs and bacon.

                “He’s such a sweet man.” Mom smiled, standing next to me.

                “He sure is.” I smiled eating breakfast.

                “Now that you’re up, I’ll go now.” She smiled grabbing her bag.

                “Where are you going?” I asked.

                “Oh, I’ll go the mall; I have to buy some supplies. I might not be back until this afternoon.” She responded.

                “And my brothers?”

                “Zeek went back to work; Tristan and Haley went to the hospital to check the baby.” She answered.

                “Okay, bye.” I said.

                “Bye sweetie.” She said and opened the door.

                “Sweetie, come here.” She called.

                I stood up and went to the door. Then, she was holding a bouquet of pink flowers with a card.

                “It’s for you.” She said, handing me the flowers. I held it in my hand and this design is kind of familiar. I looked at the card and it says ‘I’m sorry, about last night.’

                “Isn't this the same flowers Rick gives you when you fight?” mom asked.

                “Mom, shouldn’t you be going?” I asked.

                “Fine, fine. Bye.” She said and went out.

                I looked outside searching for any sign of Rick, but none. I closed the door and stared at the flowers. A smile appeared on my face as I smelled the sweet smell of the rose. He really knows how to make things up to me. I arranged them on a glass vase and  placed it on the living room. I grabbed my phone and called Marco,

*Ring... Ri*

                “Hello.” Marco spoke.

                “Hey, it’s me.”

                “Morning sleepy head.”

                “Why didn't you wake me up?”

                “You need the rest; you had a long day yesterday.”

                “You could have just told me.”