Rules Are Rules

• Dedicated to bookwormymeister.tumblr.com

"Come on, Soul! If you don't hurry, we'll be late for Kid's Christmas party!" Maka shouted at her partner. "Chill, Maka, the party doesn't start until 8pm," Soul said. "But I don't wanna be late!" she replied. Grabbing Soul's arm, she started to drag him out the door.

"Maka, what the heck?!" Soul said, surprised by what his meister was doing. "I said, we're not gonna be late for the Christmas party!" Maka shouted. The two arrived at Kid's quickly and Maka knocked on the door.

Kid opened the door and greeted the pair. "Hello, Maka, hello Soul," he said. "Hi Kid," the two said at the same time. "Hey guys!" said Patti, running to them in a bright red knee-length dress.

Liz joined shortly, wearing a dress just like her little sister's. "Hi Maka, hi Soul," she said calmly. "Hi Liz," said Maka.

Soul went looking for Kid while his meister chatted with the sisters. He found him observing a painting. "Hey Kid, when do you think Black☆Star and Tsubaki will come?" Soul asked.

"They shouldn't be too much longer," Kid replied. Soul stood there with Kid for several minutes before Kid spoke again. "Soul, you seem nervous about something. Is anything wrong?" asked Kid. "Oh, Black

☆Star dared me to do something and I'm not sure if I'm ready, but if I don't, he may ruin everything," Soul replied.

"And what is it he dared you to do?" asked Kid. "You'll have to see if you wanna know," Soul said. The two then headed back towards the living room. Meanwhile, in the living room...

"So, is Crona coming?" Maka asked. "I have no clue!" Patti exclaimed. Liz nodded. "Same here," she said. "If he is, I hope he gets here soon!" said the younger Thompson sister.

Soul and Kid arrived in the living room just before the doorbell rang. "I'll get it!" said Patti, rushing to the door. She came back a few minutes later with, not Crona or Tsubaki and Black☆Star, but a box.

"What's in the box?" asked Maka. "It says it's for Soul, and to wait until Black☆Star gets here to open it," said Patti. "I wonder what it could be," said Liz. Patti handed the box to Soul and sat down.

"I know exactly what it is," thought Soul. Soon, everyone arrived. "Come on, Soul," Black☆Star said, dragging Soul and the box out of the room. "I still don't see why you won't let me do this on my own," Soul said.

"Duh, it's Christmas, you idiot! It'd be heartless for her to refuse," said Black☆Star. "I guess you've got a point," Soul said, opening the box and pulling out the contents. "A plant?" Soul said, confused.

"Dude, just roll with it, and if she's shocked or anything, tell her she has to, rules are rules," Black☆Star said. "Alright, but if this fails and she hates me forever, I'm blaming it on you," Soul said.

Black☆Star re-entered the living room. "Maka, close your eyes," he told her. "What for?" she asked. "Maka, please just do it," Tsubaki begged. "Alright," Maka said, closing her eyes.

Black☆Star led Soul into the living room, Tsubaki helping Maka to her feet. Soul approached his meister, still slightly unsure. "Maka, you can open your eyes now," Tsubaki said.

Maka's eyes fluttered open. She stood there, in the middle of Kid's living room, her weapon in front of her holding a piece of mistletoe, and blushed. "But..." Maka started. "Rules are rules, Maka," Soul said as he leaned in and kissed Maka.