Chapter 3

As the bear slowly got even closer, my heart pounded faster, and faster. The thought of death reoccurred in my mind.  I knew, today, I was going to die. It was hard to take in all at once, but It was just something that I had to take in. Something I had to accept. It was all happening so fast. I just wanted it all to be over, and fast. I seen a large rock in the corner of my eye, and quickly grabbed it using it as a threat. As I whipped the rock at the bears face, it growled loudly and buried it's head in my arm ripping through my flesh with it's sharp teeth. The scent of blood filled the air. Just as I thought it was all over, and this right here was where I was dying, a sudden flow of adrenaline filled my body. I jabbed my finger in the bear's eye, ripping it out of it's socket completely. I bashed the bear with a rock repeatedly in the skull until it collapsed on my stomach. The jolt of adrenaline left my body, and there I was. Slowly bleeding to death. With nothing I could do. With all the hunger, and thirst, and the blood loss, My body was especially weak. I managed to rip my shirt off with the little energy that I had left in my body. I then used it to wrap my arm and control the bleeding. Blood quickly soaked the fabric, leaving it wet and completely useless. As I dragged my already dead body towards the hut, flashes of life and death reoccurred. In and out.

"Come closer".

A familiar voice told me.

"You're almost there".

Could it be? Could it really be her?

"Mother?"

My voice was destroyed from screaming for help when the bear attacked and from all the blood loss. Was I hallucinating? Was that voice really speaking to me?

"Mother, are you there?"

My faint voice carried on. I stopped dragging myself towards the hut.

"No, you mustn't come any closer!"

"Don't leave me! Please, mother!"

"You must survive my darling."

"Please! Please.."

The voice was gone.  I closed my eyes, rolled on my side,

                                                                                                             and awaited death.