School Work/ Random Work

i know i haven't uploaded recently but this is the only thing i've really written lately enjoy

*********************************************************************************

Dear Diary,                                                                                       4/7/1915

I am writing this so people know what happened to me.

My name is Raven Danes and I am an Australian nurse in Gallipoli. My family (mother, brother and father) have all come to serve our country in this war. We are currently living in the trenches and some of my superiors are worried about the conditions we are living in, however we have more important things to worry about with all of these soldiers coming in wounded.

Dear Diary,                                                                                        6/7/1915

Not much time to write now.

I am currently treating a patient who has been shot in the stomach. The doctor thinks that there may be internal bleeding and is preparing him to go into surgery which is risky. Especially in the trenches where it is dark, damp, unsterilised and we are short on proper equipment.

Dear Diary,                                                                                        8/7/1915

I have been hearing the most horrifying stories from the injured soldiers.

A soldier I was treating for a wounded shoulder was telling me a story about how three of the seven men in his unit were killed.

The first man was Paul. He was shot in the leg while retreating, but was unable to get away when they were later ambushed. 

The second man, John, was forced by his family and pregnant wife to join the army. He was also killed in the line of duty protecting the rest of his unit. He was forced here by his country and defended it till the end. 

The third man did not die on the frontline but instead unfortunately caught a bad case of trench foot.

It’s awful to see so many brilliant and brave Australians defending and dying for our country. It is also worrying that our own trenches are killing us.

Dear Diary,                                                                                      10/7/1915

Word came from home that the government is trying to make conscription an option. I think this will be beneficial to the cause because we need as many men and women as possible fighting to defend our home and king.

Dear Diary,                                                                                      13/7/1915

Things in the trenches are not getting any better.

The trench foot disease has become an increasingly alarming issue although we are in the middle of summer. The days can still be wet and the trenches remain moist.

My mother has recently come down with the flu and I am worried that with her immune system down she may develop symptoms of trench foot. She has been told to spend minimal time with people, especially sick ones, so that she does not pass on her disease or catch something else.

Dear Diary,                                                                                      15/7/1915

I do not have the heart to write much at the moment as the enemy has taken my younger brother and other troops as hostages.

Dear Diary,                                                                                      16/7/1915