Arya

I am Arya, or Iris, whichever you prefer. I am a pitch black dragon with ivory teeth and claws. My eyes are a deep ocean blue, and I am 17 years of age. This is my story.

I was six years of age when my parents were shot by hunters, leaving me and my two siblings to live in the cave. My siblings, Jake, age 13 at the time, and Taari, age 15, tried to keep everything okay. I helped with the hunting, but not much else, seeing as they wouldn't let me.

"Develop your powers." They would say.

One day, roughly two years later, my brothers yelled for me to get outside and run. When I did, I was frozen to my spot.

Humans. Tons of them in shiny armor with weapons advanced towards my brothers, using some kind of chains to hold them down. Then they saw me.

"A little one!" One of them yelled. (I had always been much smaller than the other dragons my age.)

I tried to fly away, but it had been no use. They hit me with their weapons until I quit fighting against them.

I spent the next few years there, though I prefer to not speak about what happened. One day, the humans were foolish, and left me the chance to fight. I won.

I flew back to my cave. It had the smell of other dragons, so I aproached with more caution than I wanted to. There was a hatchling, curled up in the middle of the cave. It was crimson red, and one of the scarier dragon types I had been taught to fear. It was a baby, though, so I didn't feel afraid.

I moved around it and sat in the back of the cave, watching it carefully to see what would happen. It didn't wake up until a giant dragon, just like it, flew in to feed it. They never noticed me. I hid when they came in, and if they left, so did I, for food or what else I needed. After a year of that, they left. I haven't seen them since.

That leads us to now. I lived in quiet for a while, untl a friend told me about Falling Stars Clan. I looked at it. And here I am now. I have been forced to use my powers, though. I can read minds, cause hallucinations, and other things that deal with mental abilities. I cannot speak aloud. I don't really know how.