Chapter 1: Not-So-Lonely Dance

MJ: so this shit was horrible and i wrote it when i was like in middle school and just got into writing and fanfiction in general
MJ: i've rewritten it so it's more my style and i seem less like a mary sue
MJ: please enjoy this rewritten piece of crap

==========

It was an unusually crisp Friday evening in January. Corey wasn’t used to this kind of weather, especially in her home state of California, where the weather is always ‘Hot’ or ‘Slightly Less Hot.’ The girl sat with her friends at their usual spot in the newly built quad at their school, talking about school and the latest tea. She wasn’t really in the mood though, so she sat on the wall and scrolled through Tumblr on her phone.

Thank Gog, it’s Friday and that I don’t have practice or a football game.

Since she had nothing to do after school and her parents worked late, Corey had to catch a ride with her friend John.

“So what are you gonna do at home?” he asked her as they left their shared seventh period.

“Oh, I dunno,” Corey replied. “Eat, write the ‘My Hero’ fanfic. And maybe watch ‘TMNT’ while I’m at it. It’s been a while.”

“You never got me into that, did you?”

“Nope.”

Corey was a huge fan of the Nickelodeon show ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,’ but she fell out of it when she entered high school last year. She still loved the show to death and would have a small marathon every other Sunday, but just wasn’t that much into it. The show did end the previous year and she’s still a bit upset about it and the new direction Nickelodeon went pissed her off.

John’s mother pulled into the driveway of Corey’s small house. She got off, thanked the mum, and snuck through her back door. She threw her backpack in a corner and flopped on the couch, exhausted from her day in hell. She had prayed that this year wouldn't have any drama but it seemed the universe had other plans.

She eventually trudged to her room and blasted 'Set It Off's 'Midnight' album to calm her nerves. 'Lonely Dance' was what she needed at this moment.

'One step forward, one step backwards
One step forward, one step backwards'

She swayed to the beat and trumpets, letting her problems wash away.

'Some days I'm up, some days I'm down
Some days the world is way too loud
Some days my bed won't let me out
But I'm okay with missin'...

Out on the social anxiety
Out on the phony friends I don't need
So I just turn off my phone and turn on TV
'Cause solo's the only way I can breathe
So I just, so I just...'

She sang the lyrics and the world melted away.

'Do my little lonely dance
Performing for my only fan
'Cause it's my kind of party
My room is where my heart is
I do my little lonely dance
I don't need you to understand
And there's no way I'm stoppin'
It's like nobody's watching
As I do my little lonely dance'

This was what she needed. Just to be alone and sing and dance horribly.

Strange noises from the living room interrupted her antics. She let the music continue on her iPad as she stuffed her cell into the back pocket of her jeans and grabbed the pink bat under her bed. She crept through the hallway of the small house to the doorway of the living room, bat ready to swing.

Corey peered through the door frame and her heart jumped into her throat. A bright pink triangle portal with swaying purple specs was in her living room. One (1) by one (1), blue and silver endoskeleton Kraang droids emerged from the portal.

A Kraang droids? she wondered. But... those little chewing gum aliens are supposed to be fictional!

"The ones known as Kraang have come to this place looking for the one (1) known as Corey Hamilton," one (1) of the droids said in their usual robotic monotone voice. "Is Kraang sure that this place is the place where the one (1) known as Corey Hamilton resides?"

"Kraang is that which is known as positive that this place is the place that the one (1) known as Corey Hamilton resides," another responded.

Corey was tempted to knock herself out with the bat in order not to hear their butchered English. She heard the droids march across her carpeted floor and clenched her bat. As they got closer to her hiding spot, she closed her eyes and took deep breaths.

When the first Kraang droid reached the door frame, she swung, nailing it in the head. It toppled to the floor, the head unit crumpled like an empty can.

"Hell, yeah!" she cheered, but her victory was short lived.

"It is the one (1) known as Corey Hamilton," one started before Corey interrupted it.

"You guys need a lesson in grammar."

The Kraang charged their guns and aimed at the girl.

"I need to keep my mouth shut."

The Kraang occupying the droid she nailed broke free, hissed and wrapped itself around Corey's shin. She freaked and waved her leg around, trying to get the thing off of her. The robots took their chance and shot their laser guns at her.

She dodged clumsily, maneuvering around the furniture in the small living room. She ripped the Kraang alien off her leg and chucked it back at the firing droids. She didn't look back at the very little damage she did, as a blunt object hit her on the back of her head and was out like a light.