Ch. 3 : The River

Silver and Red took Cry Baby back to the lab. They waved goodbye to Dr. Wittman and walked out the old, wooden door.
"Red, do you want to go to the river?" Silver asked.
"Uhh...sure," Red replied. They ran as a wolf and a fox. When they arrived at the river, they instantly started to drink from it. When they gorged themselves with the water, they turned human again.
"Red?"
"Yeah, Silver?"
"Why didn't you do your work in Mr. Jones' class?"
"I didn't feel like it..."
"Oh, OK." Silver stood up and turned wolf. Red turned fox and they both ran around the river. Jumping and splashing the cool water everywhere. They caught a few fish and even saw a turtle. They had been soaking in the slow current for a while, so they decided to get out. They both shook their fur. Red's fur was shining in the now setting sunlight, and Silver's grey fur was showing her rippling wolf muscles. They raced back to the house. Again, Silver won. You would think Red would win, being the smaller one.
"Dad, were home!" Silver yelled.
Downstairs, Dr. Wittman's dark grey wolf ears twitched as he heard his daughter yell. "OK Silver!" He exclaimed. Silver and Red went to Silver's room and started to play videogames. Silver beat Red every time, being Silver is a gamer.
"DANGIT!" Red huffed as her character was beaten down by Silver's.
"Sorry dude, but I'm in my zone in the gaming world," she laughed. It was 10:48 when they stopped playing Super Smash Brothers. They were tired from the running, and the T.V. light was stinging their sleepy eyes.
"You tired?" Red asked.
"Yup," Silver replied. And with that, Red climbed to the top half of Silver's bunkbed and Silver got to the bottom half.
"Goodnight," they said in unsion as they both plopped down. And they fell asleep almost instantly when their heads hit the soft pillows.