Chapter 3

I had gained the ability to just wake myself up when I wanted to without any alarm through the past years of being homeless and a wanted criminal; therefore I woke up at 2am that day and started to pack my things back up. It was dark and I could hear Addie snoring from the other room. I tip toed my way out of the house. I could have taken some things, but that's not who I was, weird enough being a criminal in all...

I shut the door and quietly as I could but it still slammed slightly. Then the snoring stopped. So did my breathe. I quickly and instinctively turned around and jumped over the stair railing. Landing hard, I groaned. My ribs were still in so much pain, but there was no time to feel pain. I heard the door above me open. It must have been Addie...

"Harry?" I heard her voice from above but she couldn't see me and I couldn't see her so I ran out the apartment doors and hobbled my way as far as I could away from any public buildings.

My ankle was slowly cracking ever step I took and it began to hurt more and more. Finally I saw a little river by the side and slid down the rocky mud trail into the river. I put my hand on the tip of the dry surface and held on. The river was rushing on my body and pushing me harder and harder but I was holding on tight.

"Harry?" I heard the voice again.

"Crap." I mumbled. Then I looked down the river, observing my options.

1) Be caught by Addie and have to explain everything

2) Let go and flow down the river, not knowing what's at the bottom.

I chose option 2.

My fingers slid off the ground and I floated down hitting rocks over and over again. I held my breathe and did everything to do to keep my head above the water.

I didn't know how to swim.

Water rushed down my mouth while I ruffly rushed down the river. I closed my eyes and tried to hold my hands above the water but it was no use. My head started to sink down and I started to drown...