Chapter 1pp

"Ugh! Seriously? Watch where you're going, nerd!" I exclaimed, jumping back from the klutz that almost made me spill my Starbucks. And I assure you, I do not let anyone mess with my coffee.

"Oh, um, I'm sorry, my glasses fell, and..."

"You know what? Just save it! We all know you're at the bottom of the social status and you are nothing but scum at the bottom of my shoe. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go to first period!"

I shoved the geek girl out of the way and strutted to biology, my posse closely behind me.

They annoyingly showered me with compliments, as usual.

"Ohmygod, you handled that SO well!"

"Yeah, if someone had bumped into me like that, I would've gone full-blown diva on them!"

"WOW, Vanessa!"

"You're so great, Vanessa!"

"LOVE your shoes, Vanessa!"

It was Vanessa this, Vanessa that. Talk about ANNOYING! "Okay guys, you don't have to be such suck-ups and butt kissers about it! Seriously, you guys are kind of RUINING my reputation of being kind and cool about screw-ups."

The whole group falls quiet. This ALWAYS happens.

"But keep going," I say, rolling my eyes. They continue to kiss my ass all the way to biology.

"Now get lost! I kind of have a test today, and I don't want to fail, now do I?" They all hurry off to their own classes, and I have time to breathe. FINALLY, some space! Being the most popular, stylish girl in school is tiring, you know!

I clear that all from my mind and begin the boring school day.