Prologue

New York was a beautiful place. It was a great place to start out a career. The apartments were nice and it was very lively but, I've always wanted more. I've always wanted to travel. To meet someone wonderful on my adventures around the world but those are all dreams. I will probably never get out of New York. My artist career has finally started to make some money and people actually know of me and my art. I can't leave now and this will probably be my excuse not to go tomorrow.  As I'm lost in thought I didn't hear my roommate, Mya, calling my name.

"Arizona! Earth to Arizona!" She yelled waving her hand in front of my face.

"What?" I ask sounding a bit annoyed.

"You're gonna be late." She says pointing to the clock. It was 7 p.m., I had a art gathering at 8 and it's all the way across town. I hadn't even taken a shower yet. I jump off the couch and into the bathroom. I took a shower and put on a short dress with a glitter top and a pink flowy bottom, I put on black heels, and a diamond bracelet. I curl my black hair with ombre blue ends and put on mascara, eyeliner, and nude lipstick. I run outside my room and try to grab my purse. Running in heels wasn't my greatest idea. I lost balance in my heels and hit my head on the counter. 

"Oh my gosh!" Mya yelled running towards me. "We have to get you to a hospital! You're bleeding!" She helps me get up and tries to get me to the door.

"No! No, I'm fine. I have to get to the party." I say trying to walk away.

"No! You could have brain damage or something." I just sigh in defeat and we get a cab. On the way to the hospital I was starting to feel a bit dizzy and almost fell asleep but MYa stopped me. It would not have been good if I fell asleep. I could've died if I had a concussion. I probably don't, MYa is just over reacting but I'll go anyway. Once we got to the hospital Mya rushed me into the ER like I was going to die. A doctor got to me quickly since Mya made such a big deal about it.The doctor cleaned up the wound and put a small bandage over it. 

"We're gonna have to do some scans to make sure there's no brain damage." The doctor says as he fills out some things on my chart. 

"How long is that going to take?" I ask. 

"About 20 minutes to an hour." He responded with s smile before walking away. 

"I'm going to be late." I say to Mya glaring at her.

"I just want to make sure you're okay." She said with a shrug. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were waiting for a half an hour before they finally took me to get a scan. That took a whole hour, the scan itself was short but the prep for it was long. A lot of people came over and took some blood and things. This was taking to long. The doctor should be coming back telling me I'm fine and can go home anytime now. I look around and see the doctor walking towards me with a sympathetic look.

"I'm not dying am I?" I ask half kidding. He just gives me a serious look. "Oh my god. I'm dying?!" 

"The scans found some almarming things. Then we ran your blood and it all came back the same." I give him a look telling him to go on. "Arizona, you have terminal liver cancer." I just sit there for a while. I had cancer? How was this possible? I always took care of myself. I ate healthy, I worked out, so how did I end up with cancer? Terminal none the less. 

"How long do I have?" I ask giving him hopeful eyes.

"You have three months to live." Those six words shattered my world. I only have three months. I've heard of people with terminal cancer having about a year left and I only get three months? The doctor excused himself out of the room.

"Arizona I-" Mya started but I cut her off.

"It's fine. I'm glad you took me here. Now since I'm dying I can travel around the world and die happy." I say with a weak smile. I wanted to seem like I wasn't falling apart, but the truth is, I was barely holding on.