Chapter one

It was the first day of my sophomore year, and I feared it would be full of drama and bad vibes. I decided to put my silly fear aside for today and began to get ready. I took a nice hot shower to calm my nerves before I started the day. Once I got out, I dried my hair with my purple hair dryer and put my long brown hair in a loose fishtail braid. I chose a coral colored top and my plain blue jeans with my red and black plaid converse for my outfit today. I usually never did my makeup but since it was the first day of school I did it anyway. I put a bit of foundation on, mascara to make my green eyes pop, and some simple brown eyeshadow with a pale pink lip gloss.
Time to face the first day of hell, but before I left my mother insisted I take pictures for my aunts and uncles to see.
I drove my dads (which is basically considered 'my' car since I'm an only child and a bit spoiled) grey Chrysler to school.
When I arrived at the school parking lot, I parked my car, and sat there for a while pulling all my thoughts together. Eventually I got out of the car, regretting leaving my house already.
"Hey Coraline how was your summer?" Some blonde girl who quite frankly I didn't even know what her name was asked me.
Aha funny you ask considering you clearly didn't give a shit during summer I thought. "Oh it was just fine, how was yours?"
"It was great!!! I missed you so much!!! You should've hit me up so we could've hung out or something." I don't exactly know who she is, but I can tell she's a total fake bitch.
I didn't even bother continuing the conversation, instead I simply nodded and headed toward my locker to put my binders in it.
Locker E53... I thought to myself trying to find my stupid locker. At first I thought it was a misprint, but nope some guy was standing at my locker trying to get it open.
"Umm, wrong locker dude." I said to the mystery weirdo.
"No this is my locker girly." The dude said turning around.
Ooh he's cute! Ew Coraline the fuck you know he's probably just some douche. BUT LOOK AT THE QUIFF ERMERGAWD SO PERFECT! Jesus you're so fucking annoying. SERIOUSLY THO WHO JUDGES SOMEONES LOOKS BY THE WAY THEY DO THEIR HAIR WTF!!! B-but he has a lip ring... DAMMIT CORALINE SHUT UP HES PROBABLY JUST ANOTHER FUCKBOY!! He could be different... Oh yeahhhh sure he could be but that's what YOU said about Dustin and look where that got me? BROKEN HEARTED WITH TRUST ISSUES. Fine...
"Um earth to girl?" He said
"Sorry... But no you must be mistaken this is my locker." I said showing him the printed proof.
He stared at the slip of paper for a while seeming like he was trying to figure something out until finally he said, "Come with me." I awkwardly followed him to Barry's office (lady who helps with schedules and stuff).
"Oh hi Jace, hi Coraline, how can I help you?" Ooh so Jace is his name... SHUT UP.
"Hate to bother you Barry, but we were both assigned the same locker." Jace said showing Barry our papers with the same number and combo.
"Oh well we can't have that." Yeah no shit I thought. Hey don't be rude it's not like she printed the same locker number on purpose. Yeah whatever.
"Oh okay I see what I did wrong." Yeah, you assigned the same locker to two different people we just told you that!
"Jace, you're actually supposed to have locker E54, the one right next to Coraline's." She said scribbling what I assume would be his new combo.
Ha great so I get a new smart mouth next to me... Hey at least he's cute. You're so fucking shallow.
After Barry apologized for the inconvenience, I began to walk back to where my locker was. Sadly, with Jace -.- following along trying to make small talk.
"So, where ya from?"
"Here?"
"Okay... Well what are your favorite things to do?"
"I read and listen to music?"
"Nice. Kinda weird tho."
"Oh really? How so?" I asked
"Well I don't know I would have figured you to be one of those girls that are out all the time."
"You don't know me, what if I just assumed you were a cunt? Well, from my experience with you so far wouldn't be entirely wrong." I said rather more bitchy than what I intended.
He laughed and smiled, "No, Coraline you got it all wrong. I didn't mean to like stereotype you as a 'classic white girl bimbo' I just figured a beautiful girl like yourself would go out a lot."
I didn't care what he had to say. I didn't hate him. I didn't not like him. I just didn't really care, even if he did call me beautiful or try to explain himself on my behalf. He could just as simply be like Dustin. Meaning: he said all the right things, made you feel special, (which of course you really just weren't) all the effort just to get in your pants then never talk to you again. I'm not dealing with another fuckboy, I've already promised myself to just stay focused with school so that I could get a good education, get in a good college, buy a decent house, and then worry about a life partner, all of which I didn't need to worry about while in my sophomore year being with a dude.
"Yeah whatever."
I got to my locker, put my stupid binders in it, and wandered to my 'special place' which was basically just the space between the inside of the school and the doors to outside. It wasn't necessarily 'special' I could just be there reading or listening to music or whatever I wanted without people bugging me (mainly because no one ever went in there).
As soon as the actual school and working part began I put my headphones away, and headed to Algebra with Mr. Jones as my teacher. Nothing really happened that hour except that Jace was in that class with me and sat at my table. I didn't really care at first that he was in that class with me. At least I didn't care until I realized that he was in EVERY SINGLE CLASS AND SAT NEXT TO ME!!!
He still continued to make small talk, which I didn't really pay attention to, because even in the classes where we didn't have to do anything instead of talking I read The Fault In Our Stars.
Then FINALLY school was over THANK THE GOOD LORD. I headed towards my Dads Chrysler and drove home, where I took a well deserved nap.