Part 1

It was a warm day in early may. The sun was out and the animals and plants were full of life. There was a large house next to a field that had a large yard. The house was made of red bricks and had a rooftop balcony. On the balcony lounging in two beach chairs was a pair of girls. One had darkly tanned skin, and sandy blonde hair, and sky blue eyes. The second was lightly tanned which gave her a golden colored skin. She had curly auburn hair, and emerald green eyes. The girl with green eyes was me Emberlyn Rykes next to me was my best friend Annabell Williams.

We have been best friends through thick and thin and have known each other for as long as we can remember. We also shared a secret. We are a type of witches called other landers. We don't worship the devil or do rituaistic sacrifices, and we definitely do not dance naked around a bon fire in the woods. Our magic comes from what we call the hidden world. It isn't really another world but it is an energy field that is everywhere and connects every living thing together. Only a few people can access the hidden world and pull on the energy and use that to create, change or destroy, and occasionally pull some awesome pranks.

On this sunny day I was spending my last day in Utah for the next two years. Tomorrow Annabell and I would hop on a plane and go to Europe to find young untrained other landers and train them then send them to the Elders. The Elders are the oldest most powerful other landers in the world. While I was thinking about all of this Annabell must have slipped inside. Because she just appeared with a pitcher of lemonade and two cups. She sat down and began to pour one she had a bit of a smug look on her face as she handed it to me. I arched an eyebrow at her and took a sip then I tasted it.

She spiked the lemonade with what I was guessing was vodka. She took a long sip and swallowed and then got a red flush on her face confirmed my suspicions. I telepathically said "you are such a dork." She took a while to respond because of the influence of the alcohol which made her magic a bit fuzzy.

When she did respond It was coated in warm fuzzy colors she said "you would have done it too." She giggled in that musical way she always did when she was either drunk or happy and took another drink. "Well you aren't wrong about that" I said I leaned back and shook my hair free from the pony tail it had been in all day while we packed. All of the sudden she got the look on her face that told me she was deep in thought.