Chapter Four

Hazel felt tears spring to her eyes and stepped back, angrily wiping them away.

"I'm sorry," she said. "I don't know why-"

He encircled her waist with his arms again and took her face in hand, making her look up at him. His gaze was piercing. She saw the same sadness there. "When I first saw you, I felt like I couldn't breathe. I didn't know what to say. It felt like getting hit by a truck. You've been on my mind all night. There's something about you – your beauty, intelligence, understanding – that...I can't describe it. I haven't even known you an entire day, but I've never felt this way about anybody before."

"Quade-"

"No, it's okay. I understand. It seems stupid. And God, I know, it sounds pathetic, but I just want you to know my feelings for you before I leave. I tried staying away from you tonight, but I couldn't. And I'm so glad that I didn't."

"Quade-"

"Please. Just hear me out. I-"

"Quade," she said, louder this time. "I feel the same way, but right now, I don't want to think about you leaving, okay? All I want is for you to kiss me. Please."

"Are you-"

"I've never been more sure about anything in my entire life."

He kissed her then, gently at first and then roughly, his desire for her so apparent. They fell back onto the bed, his arms keeping his weight off her as he pressed his body against hers. Hazel wrapped her legs around his waist, and moaned as he ground himself into her core.

She reached underneath his sweatshirt and then his t-shirt, helping him get both the garments off. He back on her in an instant, raising her own shirt over her head to land somewhere on the floor. Their bare skin pressing against each other, Hazel felt those same sparks traveling all the way up and down her body.

He unclipped her bra, lowering his head to bring one taught nipple into his warm and waiting mouth and then the other. She arched her back in pleasure, running fingers through his cropped hair to keep his head right there. It pulled at her core, and she opened her legs impossibly wider.

He kissed up and down her torso, swirling his tongue in her navel before kneeling and dragging her towards him, as if she weighed less than a feather. He unbuttoned her jeans then, sliding them down her legs and peeling off her socks, leaving the clothes on the ground. All she was left in was her panties.

"You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen."

She felt her face heating at that, but not from embarrassment at all of her body being bared out to him. She'd always been self-conscious, but with Quade, she really did feel like a beautiful woman. She rose up on her elbows and reached to unbuckle his belt.

With his hands caressing her thighs, Quade let her do as she pleased. He nodded his assent as she lowered his jeans down his hips to pool at his knees where he stood. He got off the bed then, shucked them off, and once again knelt down between her legs. Only his briefs covered his arousal, but even through the fabric Hazel could see the pulsing veins of his rigid length.

Slowly, Quade lowered himself onto her, and Hazel reveled in every part of their bodies that touched. The strength and bulge of his biceps. The tautness of his waist. The hair on his thighs. Simply Quade. Everything.

He kissed her as slowly as he brought his body onto hers, with an excruciating slowness that drove her absolutely crazy. She ran her hands up and down his back, cupping his taught buttock with one and reaching between them to stroke his arousal with the other.