Chapter six - The next step

He left the room closing the door and I was alone with her. One hour. That’s all he said.

I looked at her body. She didn’t move an inch but sat there like a statue. She must have been sedated like me. it was indeed a good thing this woman didn’t wake up. If she saw my face again, that is more than enough to fill my ears with a scream which was like a siren’s voice. I started to think again why I brought her to my basement. There were some stuff which still remained unclear in my head.

Things started to remember little by little. She was there, at the time when I tried to get him. My third prey.  Now don’t expect me to tell about that, anyway she was there and she followed me while I was carrying him into my van. The lady was unfortunate enough to know that I knew that she is following me. I gave her a chance to come closer. She did. Took the bait better than I expected, I opened the back door of the van and dropped my prey inside. Then I tied him tightly with the ropes which I already kept in the van. Even though he was unconscious I had no intention to make any mistake. Okay it’s done. Now for the girl, One of the top rules: no witnesses. She was a yard or two behind me hiding among some boxes. Oh yeah I forgot to tell you where I was. It was at a warehouse. And there wasn’t anyone at this place at night. Except for a lazy fat security guard who will do anything for money. There weren’t nothing much to steal in it I guess. Anyway the only thing I was interested about the place was that I can get my prey without any trouble. I cannot give you more details about this. Just keep in mind that he was there on that particular day, got it? Ok, now she was behind me. I dropped the body and the next step was to grab her. This was something weird but I thought it’d be better to keep her mouth shut by scaring her. But the unexpected ending here changed everything. I didn’t’ let her figure out what I was going to do. I walked away from the van and suddenly vanished into the shadows of the big boxes lying around, she took the bait. She came out of the boxes where she was hiding. Took close steps and carefully looked here and there. She was getting closer. I went more deep into the shadows and made sure she won’t see me. She came very closer and turned face to face with me. Then I saw she had a crowbar on her hand. I had to act fast. But things went lucky for me when she turned to my opposite side all of a sudden.

 Without thinking twice I grabbed her. That was one crazy drama. She started to scream and I used my full strength to stop her. The first thing I did was shutting her mouth. This was my first abduction of a woman. Trust me people; I really had a hard time with her. She was struggling like an animal that got shot. And her scream was menacing. I took all of my strength to the fist and knocked her head and she fainted, the screaming stopped. I felt like a noisy heavy rain stopping. After that a lot had happened until I ended up here, Which I have no intention to tell you.

 Now I had one hour…………well no it changed to fifty minutes. I was staring at her all this time. I could hear my wrist watch go tick tock that sounded like a heartbeat. Now I had to get rid of this woman otherwise according to his behavior I couldn’t predict what he will be up to. Ok let’s do this. I started to focus.

I went to the table behind her. My tools were scattered all over it. The knives, daggers and everything which was mine, He brought them here too. The time was running fast so I thought to make this quick. She meant nothing to me. Fortunately she was unconscious therefore her death will be painless. Good for both of us. I did not want her to suffer. She was at the wrong place at the wrong time. It was simple as that.

Ok, let’s make this quick. I took the first knife I saw on the table. It was a normal kitchen knife. There was nothing much to describe about that. But it was sharp enough. I stood behind her. Lift her head my using my left hand and I looked at her face. Her face has gone white as a sheet. Weak and unconscious, Innocence was written all over the face. Too bad she had to die. I was honest about that. I raised the knife to get it over with.

Thud. I heard a noise .Suddenly. I’m not making this up people I heard it.

I released her from my grip and went to the door and tried to open it. I was so curious enough to check what it was. The door was not locked. Well who could’ve guessed that? Anyway I was thrilled know what that noise was. It was something unusual.

Thud. I heard the noise again. I thought to check out what was it. I closed the door keeping the woman inside and tip toed to the place where I heard the sound. There was a fear building in me saying that the Cyclops killer will emerge from anywhere and find me leaving the room. Therefore I tried to be as quiet as possible. I saw a few doors as I sneaked in the darkness. I tried to open but all of them were locked. Suddenly I managed to fin one door unlocked as I checked. There was a pin drop silence.

 While keeping the knife in my hand I opened the door carefully without making any noise. There was nothing but darkness left in there. I tried to find the switch to turn on the lights. Within few minutes I managed to find it by touching the walls in the dark.

I turned on the lights on. Then I realized that I should have left it in the dark. The room was very much similar, except for the disembodied head which was placed on the chair. I took a very closer look. The face was familiar. Then I saw the earring on his right ear. That cleared all my doubts. It was Jonathan Campbell, The So-called Cyclops killer.

There was a big hole on his face where his left eye was. It was pulled out. His face was totally disfigured with the wounds. Even I couldn’t take a look at it. It was so disgusting. I took my head away from it.

Then I saw there was something written on the white wall with blood.

“Impersonators shall die”

Damn.

Continued to next chapter: - The wall.