Chapter 1 - A bit of me (Leila) and a bit of that

Mother and I are going to the consultant today to see how long it will be until I'm finally allowed out of this mental house but I'm not getting my hopes up. You might not call it a mental house but when YOU live in an eating disorder Clinic it certainly is. I've been here for 3 months and I can certainly say it's not for me!!

I've been told by the consultant that I must gain just 3lb+ and maintain that weight for two weeks before I am allowed to leave, I say JUST 3lb but that is a lot if you are someone like me.

I get back to the clinic just in time for dinner as planned, and to take our mind off our meals Jenny (my favourite nurse) tells us some good news - as we are the more progressed dining stage in the house and have more freedom at dinner - we have a new male patient joining us tomorrow and he will be at our dining stage. To me this wasn't such a big deal but to the other girls it was a very exciting thing.

The girls from the two other dining stages don't understand why we get excited when there are new boys, but it's because they have no sexual desires because of how underweight they are, but we are nearly at a maintained healthy weight, so we've now got our sexual desires back.

It's now been two hours since we heard the news and we've now got character building then I'll be off to snuggle up in my bed, ready for a new day to arise.