2

Abbie woke up alone in the church.

"Why did the nice man leave?" She sniffed. She saw the cloak and wrapped it around her. She started to cry.

The man walked in with some thungs for the child to eat when he saw her crying. He rushed over to her and set the thungs down.

"What's wrong?"

"I thought you left." She sniffed. He sighed. Clearly, she has some abandonment issues.

"I didn't leave. I just got you something to eat." He handed it to her. Her eyes lit up and she took it.

She thought he will tell her she'd be leaving soon. She ate her food silently, not looking at him.

"What's your name?" She asked. He blinked.

"Larten Crepsley." She smiled.

"Hi, Mr. Crepsley, I'm glad you let me stay here for the night." She got up.

"You haven't finished your breakfast." He made her sit down. She blinked.

"Don't you want me to leave?" She asked innocently. He chuckled.

"No. I'm thinking about taking you under my watch. It's dangerous for a child to be alone." She glared.

"I can handle myself." She said, her voice turning squeaky. He chuckled.

"I understand that, but I'm still taking you with me." She pouted. He got up and put her on his back.

"Wait, what are you doing!?" She asked.

"Hold on." He walked to the doors and opened it. "Like now." She gulped and held on tightly. He flintted off into the night with a confused child on his back.