Cracks

Wow. I REALLY need to chill my brain and focus on a SINGLE story for once. I now have eight of these things in the works, and am currently plotting out about 3 - 4 more. XD

*puts on shades*

FANGIRL LIFE.

o.o.o.o

It all started with a crack in the rock. A small, little hairline crevice hidden beneath centuries of sand and stone. For Yuugi Mutou's archaeological team, it was unnoticed. But with this tiny crack, Yuugi was thrown back into the world of mystery, magic, monsters, and hidden romance that had been absent from his life for nearly ten years. The days of his adolescence were exciting ones, indeed.

Spirits, puzzles, magical items crafted by the corpses of Kul-Elna, slaughtered by an ancient Egyptian Pharaoh. The imminent threat of death and danger hiding in every last shadow, around every corner- even in the depths of his very own mind. Back when there was Mou Hitori no Yuugi. A spirit of the Millennium Puzzle. Before Yuugi freed his tormented soul, after three millennia of entrapment.

That was the romance of his life. Falling in love with the soul of a three thousand-year-old former Egyptian Pharaoh, who looked incredibly similar to himself. His Darkness, his Protector, his Confidant.

His Friend and First Love.

His Partner.

His Yami.

It had been nearly a decade since the Pharaoh Atemu's much-deserved death, and Yuugi still regretted- every day since- not confessing his heart to the spirit. Alas, it was too late now. Because Atem was dead.

He just prayed to the Gods that this would bring him some closure.

Yuugi Mutou had told his story to his excavation team, and every last person believed it to be true. No man could spin a tale that extravagant, that detailed, or that emotional, and still have such a dead look to their eyes.

A hollow, haunted look.

Most story tellers were bouncing with excitement and joy when spinning fables. But Yuugi just looked tired. He looked sad, burdened, and reminiscent. As if his mind were still laden with secrets- a belief that not a single man or woman doubted. Indeed, it was filled with secrets of past, present, and future, alike. But they did not ask. They did not question. They only followed, with blind trust and determination and loyalty.

They, too, prayed that their friend and coworker would gain peace from this expedition.

Little did they know just how extravagant this path to a conclusion would be.

It all began, with a simple crack in the rock.

o.o.o.o.o

Short, yes. But don't worry. Next chapter should be longer. :)

I'm thinking... maybe three, maybe four, total for this story, as it IS a prequel, before I start on 'Desert Garden'. But who knows? Could be more, could be less, with my weird writing style.

'Till then...

Ja ne!