Chapter 25

Hey guys! It's not been very long since i last updated, which means I've been writing more recently so yAY!! ALSO I ATTACHED A JIHAN PHOTOS DONT KILL ME but they're really cute too aSNDJDLL especially predebut jihAN ok stop celeste i always need to mentally stop myself :^( I'm sorry if this chapter doesn't have much Jeongcheol action and more of each person's background. Do enjoy!!
---

Jeonghan quickly stuck the remainders of the soup he boiled two days ago in the microwave, before starting to cut and wash the vegetables. He didn't have the time to make a new bowl of soup for his father everyday, so he'd normally just cook a portion fit for two or three days. Six forty-five, he had another fifteen minutes to get all the dishes done and set the table.

He put some water to boil before sitting down to rest, his legs felt like giving in already. Jeonghan was tired, hungry and very deprived of a proper teenage life, but he wasn't complaining. He tried to find happiness in the oddest places. He found joy in his part-time job as an usher at the cinema, he found joy in going to school and studying, he found joy in hanging out with Seungcheol.

The water began to bubble, and he hurriedly threw the vegetables into the pot, stirring them lightly with a pair of chopsticks. The mircrowave beeped, and he slipped on a pair of oven mitts and took the hot bowl of soup out, setting it at where his father usually sat. He scooped rice into two separate bowls and placed them onto the table too.

Once the vegetables, he put them on a plate and sprinkled some salt, his father couldn't eat too much salt or his cholesterol would be very high. After the table was ready for dinner, he took in a deep breath and walked into his father's room.

"Dad, the food's ready. It's time to eat," Jeonghan took a step towards his bed and rolled up the sleeves of his sweater, ready to carry his father off his bed and onto the wheelchair. His father grunted, acknowledging Jeonghan's presence, before propping himself up with his right hand, swinging both his legs over the edge of the bed.

"Please just let me carry you, it'll be faster that way," Jeonghan murmured. His father was always like this, refusing to admit that he was weaker than he thought he was. He swung his arms in frustration, nearly hitting his son square on the nose.

"Pass. Me. The. Wheelchair." He ordered. Jeonghan had no choice but to let this old man try and get off the bed himself, it wasn't going to work. He had lost all control in half of his body. He pushed the wheelchair to the side of the bed, and let his father "do it on his own".
---

Seungcheol got off the cab, groggy from his nap. He didn't know why, but he felt extremely tired today. He slotted the key into the doorknob, and could hear the faint laughter of his mother through the door. Who did she bring over now? He hated entertaining those friends she makes at dancing or baking classes, they either touched him too much and talked too much.

Seungcheol took a deep breath and opened the door, praying that his mother wasn't sitting in the living room with her friends. Praying that he could creep up to his room unnoticed. Right when he slipped past the door, he could see his mother sitting at the couch with another man, giggling animatedly. He hadn't seen her smile this wide since the accident. He hadn't seen this beautiful and bright smile for the past seven years. She turned around at the sound of the door opening, and saw Seungcheol standing at the door, dumbfounded. Mum never brought guys home.

"Hey... I didn't know you'd be back so early!" He could hear the slight surprise and hesitation in her voice, and narrowed his eyes. He sensed a bit of guilt too.