prologue

Author's Note: Just to be clear, I'm rewriting the first chapter. I wasn't pleased with how the book was starting out and I didn't want to continue it with all the wrong characters. With that said, I'm changing some of the characters and turning it into a fanfic. At first, I actually didn't want to write another fan fiction because I always ended up deleting them, but now I know for sure what I want to do with this book. I guess that's why I haven't been writing.. I was just not feeling it because I had to create MY OWN characters instead of building on ones that's already been created. The main character will remain as Skylar and she will somewhat have the same characteristics. This time, she just happens to be best friends with a soon-to-become punk band member. Yes, if you've guessed it already, it's 5SOS!

--

(Prologue)

*flashback to 12 years ago*

"Mom, do we have to?" I asked her.

"Yes, sweetheart, we do!" she insisted. "Daddy and I found a bigger house for all five of us."

"But muuuuuum," I whined.

"Honey, we won't have space for the twins if we stay here," mom stated.

"I don't even know what they look like," I pouted.

I'll get you a new toy," she bribed. I shook my head.

"Two new toys and ice cream," I bargained.

"Fine, just get in the car, honey," she softly told me, taking out the last of the boxes. I turned my head to look back at my home, "C'mon, sweetheart, we have to go."

I scurried along, closing the door behind me. I watched my mom lock up the doors as I take a look at my surroundings for the last time.

"Don't worry, Sky! You'll like the new place!" my mom said, attempting to cheer me up, "It's way bigger than our old house!"

I stayed silent the whole ride to our new house. I was more angry than excited that we're moving. I don't know why we had to move.. I liked our house just the way it was. I mean, I know mommy has twins in her belly but can't they stay in the living room? I had my favorite hiding places and I knew how to reach for the cookie jars. The closer we get to the new house the more questions popped in my head. How big is the house? Does it have a swimming pool? Do I get to decorate my room? I started to think up of more questions as I munched on some cookies. Then I felt the car stop and we were here. I looked up and felt as if I was at a castle. This house was big- I mean, really big. I just hope there were no dragons.

I waited for my mom to unbuckle me and set me on the ground. She grabbed my arm and walked me towards the house next to me. She started to talk to a lady and introduced her to me as Liz. Soon a boy that looked like the same age as me comes out of their house.

"Luke, this here is Skylar," Ms. Liz said. I hid behind my mother as he waves shyly towards me. Mom was on her way to take me to the ice cream shop, until she offered Luke to come. He jumped gleefully at the thought of ice cream. Ms. Liz nodded slightly and we were off. When we arrived at the ice cream parlor, we both argued which ice cream was better. Hmm, I think I just made a new friend..

*end of flashback*