All the Way in Battery City

A/N Please note, if you're a new reader that's reading this book for the first time, please read The Sharpest Lives. It's the first book and you'll understand a lot more if you do. Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue

Adren's P.O.V

It's a long drive to Battery City from the hospital. I'm stuck in the back of Dr. Death Defying's van, with his friend that always wears roller skates and some chick I've never met. It's quiet. No one talks, we all just drive. Which is fine by me. I honestly don't want to talk about this.

I see the sign that says 'Welcome to Battery City!'. Right next to it, has a Scarecrow Unit symbol. Just great, I'm not even a Agent yet and I'm seeing that damned symbol. It makes me sick knowing I'm becoming one of them. But it's for a good cause. I'm infiltrating the BLI to find out their secrets. And possibly stop them.

When I left the hospital, everyone was crying. Of course I can't cry much anymore. The longer this chemical settles into my body, the more my emotions as a regular person will disappear. That's the point. No emotions. I guess it's to keep you a lot more stronger.

I don't care. Whatever the hell they're doing, I'm going to stop it and turn everyone back to normal. Even if it means I'll be stuck there for a year. Maybe even longer. I've given up a regular Killjoy life for this, to save everyone. And I'm not going to quit.

I start to see a huge building at the edge of the city. It's the BLI/nd Head Quarters. I sigh, and everyone looks at me. It's the first sound I've made since I got in this van. I look at everyone a shrug. They all go back to what they're doing. The rollerskate guy goes back to his radio, and the girl keeps checking a radar on her laptop.

"Adrenaline, are you ready?" Dr. D asks.

I sigh and look around. I finally look at him in the eye. "Yeah."

Dr. D gets out of the van first and pulls me out by my wrists. He holds my right on tightly as he walks to the front entrance. I struggle to let go, but he only holds my tighter. It's all a act. I'm supposed to be a rebellion, choosing to go to the BLI.

A Drac stops Dr. D before he walks inside. "Wait. What are you doing with her?" He asks.

"Dropping her off. She's not welcome as a Killjoy anymore." Dr. D throws me a glare.

"Why?"

"She got ahold of some chemical you use to turn people into BLI Agents and Dracs. She injected herself and said she wants to be apart of the BLI as a Agent."

The Drac looks at me, then at Dr. D. "Hand her over. Korse will be happy to take her in."

"Good. Get her out of the Killjoy world."

Dr. D lets me go and throws me to the Drac. I smirk at Dr. D and he just walks back to the van, driving off to his shack.

"So. You're choosing to be here?" The Drac looks at me and removes his mask, revealing a scarred face.

"Did you not just hear him? Duh." I snap at him.

He smirks and walks me inside. Everyone stares at me, and realizes I'm not in cuffs. I'm not being held, or carried, or restrained. They all smile and clap. They know I've come to the dark side.