Chapter 1 Katniss pov

I started to look at my self in the reflection of the mirror thinking I had won the first games and I had came out with peeta safe and finally free . But peeta eventually knew I only said the things in the games to keep us alive , I guess that really hurt him knowing none of it was real but I do feel something for him. Something I've never felt before a strong feeling for him . Peeta has been ignoring me which had Been making me feel so lost and devistated. So I decide to go over to his house ignoring haymitch which had probably drank more than 5 bottles of liquor and had passed out on the table. I stood next to peeta nervously who was standing blanking me cutting up freshly baked bread. "Peeta I hate this " I cried. peeta looked at me with confusion. "What do you hate?" Peeta said casually. "Us" I pointed to both of us " I can't stand us not talking and not being able to stand next to eachother with one of us making it awkward and ends up walking away" . Peeta just looks at me and starts to nod his head and agree. "I know, katniss you know I love you I just can't keep thinking that you feel the same." He turned his face so it wasn't facing me and looked so upset . His hand was on the side of the table he was cutting the bread on. I put my hand on top of his and he quickly turned his head and looked at me deep in the eyes. I whispered to him " i do love you too, it feels real to me " Peeta started smiling a slow easy smile at me which made me blush . I didn't think I just kissed him but only softly on the lips. It was happening again what happened at the games butterflies started fluttering in my stomach making me shiver. That's when he said to me " the cameras! The Capitol they'll be casting in 30 minutes!" He looked at his clock on the countertop. I started to panic . I wasn't ready! No make up ! No fancy clothes ! I started to rush . But then I saw haymitch still passed out so I found a glass of water from the table. And hesitated before chucking it on him making him scream and swear. "KATNISS WHAT THE HELL!!" I ignored his raised voice ."Show times in 30 minutes and your not even ready , if you wanted to be babied you could of asked Peeta. Peeta looked at me and tried to bite down his laugh. I gave Peeta a quick hug before leaving the house and running over to my house...