chapter 1

My name is Elle Woodmen. I am seventeen (and a-half) years old and live in Plymouth, Minnesota. I'm currently in my last year of high school and plan on attending the "University of Minnesota" next fall, where I'll be starting my first semester in Psychiatry. Ever since I was fourteen I wanted to be a psychiatrist, I thought it was astonishing to study the different ways people's minds work and the different ways they think. It was all ama- "Elle!" I was interrupted as I heard Ms. Fare scream. "So are you up for it?" She asks intimidatingly.

"Up for what?"

"The report Elle!" At this point all the class was looking at me.

Report? What report? I was too shy to ask again because of the class. The Nerds looked at me with hatred, the jocks looked at me with disgust, Jennifer and her minions with pure evilness. I would think they were planning something again, but I ask myself, what else could they think of? They have already played all the cards in the deck. Every single little mean high school you could imagine, was played on me. Jennifer is a 5'11 part time model. She had long tanned legs and a toned body. She had perfect dirty blond hair and emerald-like green eyes. She had about 3 girls that followed her around everywhere. Laughing at every joke she made and rubbing in every mean comment she gave anyone. I could imagine they were only there for the popularity not the friendship. I think one of their names was Ma- "Elle Woodmen! Principal's office!" I shrugged and started debating on whether I should beg to stay in class or just get up and leave. "NOW!" Well that closed my case I joked mentally and let out a small laugh leaving the class.

"You think this is funny Elle?" She said obnoxiously.

"I-I didn't mean to laugh um out loud."

"Just let 'er go to the administration Rebecca." This time it wasn't the teacher's voice. It was Jacob Whiteman's.

"Mr. Whiteman! Who do you think you are to call me by my first name!"

"You said it yourself, first two words of that sentence."

"You know what! Both of you principle's office! Now!" She shrieked even louder than she did last time. We walked towards the other wing of the building. Goddamn this ridiculously enormous building. The walk usually took about 15 minutes is you're going a bit slow. It never occurred to me why they made this building so hu- "You there?" once again, my thoughts were obliged to be interrupted, this was the third time today. "Excuse me?"

"I said, what's your name?" He sounded like he was mad by the amount of times I made him repeat his sentence.

"Elle. Elle Woodmen. What about yours?" Who am I kidding I knew who he was, the whole school did, that was stupid of me to ask.

"You don't know who I am?"

"Not a clue." I said slyly.

"That's a first." He said awkwardly.

"Well?"

"Well what?" Oh god this boy is too absent-minded.

"Your name! What is it?"

"Oh yeah that! My names Jacob Whiteman."

Jacob Whiteman. How can I begin to explain Jacob Whiteman? He was the typical school bad boy, except he had no girlfriend. He never has in this school, girls throw themselves at him all day but he seems to ignore them no matter what. He was the cliché teenage hottie. Aqua-blue eyes, dark blonde hair, athletic figure, and a perfect smile. Not too shabby of a personality too. Hmm, I wonder why he's single.

"So why aren't you dating anyone?" The words came out of my mouth loosely and weirdly. Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. I thought to myself. You can't just ask people why they aren't seeing anyone! Especially ones you don't even know!

He seemed surprised by my question. He hadn't expected this conversation to escalate as quickly as it was.

"I don't see the point in it. It's bound to fail a few months or years later. I don't see the point in spending time and falling all over in love with a person that'll break your heart soon. I don't see the point."

Wow. Usually guys just shrug it off and say they haven't met the right person, but he, he was being honest.

"You're real." Damn that sounded better in my head, I thought to myself.

He laughed a little and thanked me, directly taking real as a compliment.

"Why'd you do what you did back there?" I was referring to the classroom incident. He didn't need to. He didn't know me.

"I needed to get outta that class of hers. It's too mind numbing in there. And plus, she was picking on you, I'm sure if your friends were in that class they would've said something but they weren't so I did."

I laughed sadly. Friends? What friends?

"What's wrong?" He asked concerned.

"Nothing, you just said friends, I don't have any friends, not just in English, but in all classes and most likely the whole school."

"That's not true."

"Oh really?"

"I'm your friend." My heart had skipped a beat and the butterflies were going wild inside my stomach. My skin was tingling and I was blushing.

"Thank you." I said as polite as possible. He answered with a smile and that is where the rollercoaster of adrenaline had ended. We had gotten to the principle's office, and Mr. Hanson wasn't in the best of moods as he stood yelling at two students giving them expulsion papers. Great, I thought. Just great.

Author's Note:

Hope you liked this chapter! If you have any tips, or new writing style you want me to try out please make sure to message me! The chapters will get way more exciting hopefully. For anyone who asks where my idea or base is from it's a mixture of: "American Horror Story: Asylum (Season 2)" & the movie "The Ward." Besides that, thank you so much for reading, commenting, or voting on this. Love you all :)