V: Good guy

Deqavious and Trinique walk around the campus. "You look down, bunny. What's the matter?" Deqavious asks.

Bunny? Trinique thinks. What kind of nickname is that? Well, it's cute. I guess. "My dad's birthday is this weekend and my mom wants me to go. But, I don't want to go." She confesses.

"Aww, why not? He is your dad." Deqavious smiles.

Trinique looks at his bright smile and shakes her head, "If you knew the history between he and I, you wouldn't want me to go either."

"Well, why don't you tell me?"

Trinique shakes her head again almost causing a headache. "No, I rather not relive that part of my life."

"Bunny, you have to stop being so closed up. If you want me and you to work, officially. You have to open up to me." He says.

He makes a good point, Trinique thinks. "I know that. But, right now. I don't feel it's right to express the issue." Trinique says.

"Well, alright. I won't pressure it."

They continue to walk.

"So," Deqavious begins. "this birthday party. Where is it?"

"I don't know. Probably at the country club, like it's been every year. My mom said I can bring someone if I wanted to." Trinique pokes out her bottom lip.

"Well, I am not busy this weekend. I can be your date." Deqavious says all excited. He stops walking.

"Uhh.... huh. I don't know. I don't want to impose."

"Oh, no. Come on, Trinique. It will be fun. And if your father is the kind of man I think he is. We can really give him a run for his money." He nudges her with his elbow in her forearm.

Trinique giggles and rubs her arm where he nudged her at, "I guess that does sound like a great idea."

"Great. What time is the party?"

"Around 7:30pm. I live about an hour from here." Trinique smiles.

"Well that's not too bad of a drive. I have driven longer. Well, it's set. I shall pick you up, this weekend at 6:30pm." Deqavious takes out his cell phone which look equivalent to a tablet but it is only the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. He makes a note in his calendar to pick Trinique up. "There. Done. So I won't forget."

Trinique smiles. They continue walking on.