he plays with you.

It was a naturally sunny day and you were sitting under a shady tree. Kids were running past, screaming and running from each other. Their moms were sitting near them, exchanging glances to their children as they talked to other moms.

You sat against the wide tree and hummed a tune. The temperature was so calming, with its slow breezes and birds chirping in harmony, that you laid your head back and nodded off to sleep.

You thought you were dreaming when you heard someone call your name. "Wake up, Y/N..."

You ignored the phrase and turned over, sideways against the tree bark. The sweet beg came again and a pair of large, warm hands wrap around your shoulders.

"C'mon, Y/N, turn around. It's me.." You turned over and faced the voice. It's your best friend, who you love dearly. "Hey, Michael!", you exclaimed in a hushed whisper. "I didn't notice you were here. I was just resting my eyes." "More like snoring and taking a nap." You gasped and lightly hit his arm. Michael chucked and pretended to be hurt. "You hurt me. I'm telling my mommy on you," he pouted.

You laugh and try to console him but he runs away. You chase him around a tree and behind a bench. He is such a fast runner! you thought.

There was a small bolder further away from the center of the park. You couldn't find him, so you decided to check this place.

You got a few inches closer to the giant rock and placed both of your hands on it, looking over steadily.

"Boo!" Michael shouted in your face. You screamed and ran away. Michael's loud and infectious giggles caught your attention and you found yourself joining in.

You circled around back to where you were and Michael soon followed. "Why on earth would you think of doing something like that?! I could've had a heart attack!" Michael bit his lip and blinked towards the ground. You had your hands on your hips and tilted your head, waiting for an explanation. He finally answered and looked up at you. "I'm sorry, Y/N. Didn't know you were such a scaredy cat. You want your daddy to pick you up and tuck you in, or what?", he laughed. You gasped and punched his arm. "Watch it, Jackson." He laughed and picked you up by your waist, throwing you over his shoulder.

You laughed and wondered where he was taking you. He put you down on a hard surface and disappeared. You got on your knees and sat up, turning around to find him. "Michael, where'd you go?"

He came back and tapped your back. "I brought a blanket for us, since it's getting chilly." He spread it over you and him, getting under it.

"Look!",he pointed at the stars, "Up there. Aren't they beautiful?"

You followed his gaze and stared along with him. The scene was absolutely breathtaking. Dots of far-away stars in the galaxy, sprinkled across the violet sky.

"They are." "But not as much as you," he confessed.
You looked at him and started to cry. You weren't sad. Just very happy.

You leaned your head on his shoulder and hugged him, beneath his jacket. "I love you," you told him.

"I love you, always," he replied.

-