Whispers Next Door

Chapter 1: Forgotten

My name's Destiny. I am 16 years old today with so many excitements and plans I want to do with my friends. I don't have any siblings, and only my mom. My dad left to go to the military. I've been sending him letters, but he hasn't been answering. Anyways, my friends are weird and fun. Their names are Dylan, Airi, Mei, and Rory; They're the best thing that ever happened to me. I'll tell you more about them later. Back to my birthday, I decided to invite my friends since it's on Halloween. I mean what could go wrong?. We decided to go dress in black, I know very basic of us.

When my friends arrived at my house, Dylan pointed across the street to an old brown house.

" Let's go at the haunted house over there!" says Dylan.

"Um, I am not sure if that's a good idea. I mean I want to try spooky things but not with real spirits." With a cracking voice I just couldn't.

" Oh come on! Don't be such a baby, You're 16 now." As the whole squad gangs up on me, I agree and decided to since I am growing up.

Everyone calls it a "haunted house" but I basically just call it a run down house with a few spirits.

I remember when I was little there was a family of 4 people, a Mom, a Dad, a Little Girl, and a Baby boy. I've been told that in that house the parents left these poor kids alone for weeks, starving them to death. After a few years, the parents were nowhere to be found.It's said that one of the kids spirits is still there, stuck in that house.

"Are you telling us a bedtime story now?" Let's go before it gets too dark. Airi gripped my hand and pulled me in. She knew that I would run out cowardly.

The haunted house was kiddie corner from my house. I walked closer and closer to the house, wondering what could happen to me. My eyes began to grow dim, telling me that we were there. I stared at the house, with its broken windows, torn up wooden siding, and collapsing roof.

Taking a deep breath. I went in.

Rory, would be the one who would always comfort me if I am terrified or depressed.

" Hey, are you alright? You know since it is your birthday, you really don't have to do this. " he said politely.

" No, it's alright. "I responded. By looking into my quivering eyes. Rory knew that I wasn't ready.

The first thing I felt after walking in was sudden rush of cold air oushing me backwards towards the door. It was if the spirit of the little kid didn't want me in their house for some reason. My mind started to racing again, up and down like a rollercoaster. The loops, the turns, the drops, the what if's.

Rory hugged me. His warm hugs made my mind blank with my head resting gently on his shoulder.

Dylan peeked through the window to check if anyone was in there just in case, even though I had a feeling there was. The brown creaky, rusty door finally opened.

Because it has been a year since anyone visited, the door became sealed shut. but we seemed to got it opened.

" Ew this place looks so ancient, so many cobwebs. " Airi said disgustingly.

" Well no duh, this is a "haunted" house, what do you expect? " Said her sister Mei.

The abandoned place was filled with trash. By trash I mean, family photos, letters, Cockroaches, toys, especially dolls. After discovering the front view inside the house. We decided to separate, and go into different rooms.

Everyone already called a room. Dylan chose the nursery room, Airi and Mei chose the parents room. Rory chose living & office area. The only choice I had was the little girl's bedroom.