Entry 2: Creature

April 14, 2001

I left the warehouse before sunrise.

                I limply stood up from where I was seated on a dark alley and made my way through the streets of Tokyo. It is too soon, my body complained. I know that I need to rest more but I can’t let them find me and return me to that living hell. I need to move on.

                I lost my sense of direction. My feet will automatically turn around whenever I reached a dead end and alternately turn left and right whenever we reached a corner. I don’t know where my feet will take me. I’m certain that all I want is to escape. All I want is peace. All I want is to live.

                I had passed a shore near the dock yard. I stood on the dike of boulders and slowly closed my eyes to smell the brine flavour of the wind. As soon as it reached my nose, the aroma made my senses relaxed. I want to stay here longer, but it’s not possible.

                I opened my eyes after almost 10 minutes of unpredicted relaxation and caught sight of a girl near the seashore. Her white complexion made her blue pajamas stand out. The blowing wind played with her waist long wavy black hair. I can’t take my eyes off this creature.

                I gazed at her intently and found out that her eyes are closed as if she was enjoying every second of her life. My body wants me to stay but now my heart commands me too. I may trust my instincts now but I will never trust my heart anymore. I need to get out of this place before I’m disabled to.

Yours truly,

The Undefined One