Welcome to Forever

I'm not one to believe in fate or destiny, nor the idea that our paths are written out for us. I live in reality. I don’t like fairy tales or once upon a times. Because love is just a pretty twisted thing that will put all of us in so much pain.

It was a normal day. One of those days I’ve been hating since I lost my grandma. Yes, I grew up with her. She took care of me because my mom and dad were busy in our companies around Asia. But now she’s gone so I have to live alone. I have to live this miserable life all by myself.

“Beep beep!” I opened my window’s curtain, and to my surprise I saw my best friend’s car parked in front of my house.

“Savannah!” She shouted as loud as she could. I was flabbergasted to see my best friend from New York here in the Philippines. In front of my house.

“Katie!! What are you doing here?! I missed you so much!” I hugged her. Then suddenly I felt a liquid dripping at my back. Is she crying?

I pushed her to see if she’s really crying. And probably, she is.

“Savannah, Brandon broke up with me. He slept with a hoe. I wanted to kill them!!”

“Hey, relax honey. See? Boys, ugh. They’re all jerks. Smile! You can stay here if you want to.”

“Are you sure? Oh my golly. I love you!” Katie pulled me over her then hugged me so tight. I can feel the loneliness in her aura. So we went inside my house and cleaned my guest room for her. I just hope this could her to move on or whatsoever. I wanted to protect my best friend. Because at any point, she does not deserve any of these pain.

“So, are you coming to school today?” She asked.

“Katie, duh! It’s Sunday.” I rolled my eyes.

“Alright, I’m sorry okay? So, who’s your boyfriend? Is it Mike? Or Luke?” then she tickled me. Ugh. This bitch really knows how to make me smile.

“Of course not. Mike is a flirt and Luke is an asshole. Do you really expect me to date these guys, huh?” I glanced at her in I’m-not-that-stupid look.

“I knew it. Mr. Right is coming, Princess Savannah! You’ll see.” Then she winked and bit her lower lip. Eww! “GROSS!” I’ve shouted.

“I love you too.” She said quickly, laughing.

2 weeks later…

“Class, Mr. Dabu announced that your On Job Training will be on January 30 at Amsterdam Airlines. We moved your schedule so that you can prolly come back here on April. Perfect month for graduation, Ladies!”

“We only have 3 months?! I thought it was 6 months? 190 thousand pesos is so expensive for just 3 months.” I asked. Pissed.

“I know, young lady. But it is a take-it-or-leave-it situation right here. It was optional, though. I wasn’t forcing you to attend this training anyway.

“Never mind. I’ll go.”

“Yeheeeeey!!!” the whole class shouted. We wanted to be trained altogether. And just to state the obvious, I am a Tourism Management student.

----

“Holy guacamole! That was awesome!” Katie surprisingly said after I told her about my OJT.

“Wait, what? I’d be leaving you here for 3 months! Why are you so happy? Huh?” I asked her ‘cause I am somewhat perplexed.

“I can let Luke sleep here, right? I mean, he won’t be staying here all day anyway. Just a few hours of my future lonely nights.” She winked, again.