Chapter 3 Old comes to the new

•Evy
•Jem's house
•3:00 am

I can't believe I'm doing this.... She is going to freak!!!!! We were going to different high schools but I finally got my mum to let me switch schools. Jem was my best friend through middle school but then she moved and had to enrol at another school.
I walked up to her door and knocked until her mom opened the door in a robe.
"Who is it?" She asked softly.
"It's Evy... " I say as I try to get her to let me inside.
"Who? Evy.... Evy..... OH YOUR EVY!!!!" She shouts but then realises the time and quiets down.
"What are you doing here?" She looks at a clock inside and frowns. "At 3:00 in the morning....."
I smile sheepishly and she lets me inside. "I know it's really early but I wanted to surprise Jem and this was the only flight here for the next week and I also have no where to stay and .... I wanted to know if I could sleep here tonight and when Jem wakes up I'll be here. " I say and her mom smiles.
"Here you can sleep on the couch. I'll grab a few blankets and a pillow. "
"Thanks. "

•Jem
-
"MOOOOOOOOOOOM" I shout down the stairs. She knows I eat right when I get up....
"Mom what's for breakfast?" a familiar voice says.
"Mom.... Who's here? " I say as I slowly walk down the stairs.
"No one.  Why would you think that?" she says but I see her glance to the right so I do the same.
"EVY WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE??!!!" I run up and hug her as I haven't seen her for 2 years.
"I'm here for you, you little shit. I can't believe you left me!" She says and I start laughing.
"I'm sorry I'm sorry! Just.. Oh my gosh this is such a great surprise!" But then I frown at the time. "I missed the bus!!!"
"It's okay honey. I'll drive you and Evy to school. " my mom says and I sigh in relief. Then I realise something.
"Wait... Evy is going to my school... EVY IS GOING TO MY SCHOOL!!! HELL YEAH!!!! YOU CAN SEE ALL MY NEW FRIENDS AND MY CRUSH AND I CAN SHOW YOU AROUND!!!!!!"
"Woah woah. Slow down. You have a crush??! Give me details dude!"
And that was the day I reunited with my best friend Evy.
That was 6 years ago.