Prologue #1

I feel mum and dad's eyes on me as I run into the wall labeled Platform 9 and ¾. I went through the wall and was surprised when it swallowed me and my bags whole. I had just gotten my school supplies yesterday because we waited till the last minute, much to the disappointment of my mum. Dad always told me she was over-responsible in their school years (if that's even a thing.) I had also gotten a owl as black as night from the Magical Menagerie. My mum suggested to name it Crookshanks, but to me it just didn't fit. Hugo was no help in the matter and some of his suggestions were very original (ex. Bert, Fiona, and Owl). I don't think he knew the gender (which was a male). Interestingly enough, I decided on a gag-name from my dad, Ebony.

We were walking towards our cousins, Aunt Ginny, and Uncle Harry. My dad stared at a blonde man with distaste standing across the platform, although at the moment I didn't notice his expression. I was staring at the young blond boy who was obviously his son, the only difference being their hair styles (one was slicked back, the other equivalent to bed hair). My gaze was broken when my dad pulled me aside to talk, away from the others.

"Rosie, you see that blonde man and his son? Don't talk to him, that's the Malfoy family and they're bad people. I don't want you to get hurt."

I nod along but in my mind there is something about the blonde boy I'm curious about. He keeps talking but I zone out, only catching a few of his words. "....beat him at..... Rosie, and Quidditch....don't......same house and.......Slytherin....." After his sentence I'm forced back into reality as he guides me to the train door. Hugo and mom hand me my other luggage and say good bye as I board the train. I spy a cart that's empty a few feet down and race into it. Everyone wants to get their own cart for their friends so I suppose you have to be fast. After settling down, I open one of my bags. I look for the money that was supposed to be invested in chocolate frogs but to no avail.

"Dangit HUGO," I mutter. That little rat. I have to hand it to him though, he's very clever.

The carts door opens after I say that and a little Al peeps in. "Rose?"

"Hey Al," I say back.

"Can I sit in here? James kicked me out of his cart," he questions.

"Of course." He comes in and places his bags on the over hanger but holds a tiny ferret in his hands. "What's its name?"

"Regulus," Al answers. It's quite a weird name for a ferret but I say it's cute.

The trolley comes rolling by but stops in front of our door. "Would you like some sweets?"

I try to say no, but Al hands the lady a couple of galleons and asks for a bunch of chocolate frogs and sugar quills. She hands them to him and Al says a quick thank you as she closes the door.

"Meow."

Me and Al were startled by that noise and looked at each other strangely.

"Meow meow Meow." My owl rustles in her cage, as if trying to get out and I follow her gaze onto a small kitten.

"AL!" I yell at him and he's startled at me, pointing to the white ball of fur.

"What the?" he says as I pick up the over confident cat walking around the cart floor.

"I wonder whose this is?" I ask placing the kitten in my lap. "Al can you pass me a sugar quill?" He passes it to me and I unwrap it. When placing it in my mouth I accidentally stab my throat as someone slams the cart door open. "What the bloody hell?" I say rubbing my throat. The kitten was so startled it leapt off my lap and onto Al's, landing more so on the ferret in the process.

I look at the person that opened the door.

"Hey Scorpius," Al says to the bad man's son.

"Hey Albus," he says so quietly you can barely hear him. I try to glare at him but I simply can't. He fumbles with his over sized sweater until he asks, "Can I have my cat now?" Al looks at the kitten cowering in his lap and tries to peel it off his ferret. He sits down next to Al and starts to encourage the cat to him while talking "Come here Ivory!" When the cat finally see's Scorpius he talks back. "Meow?" I feel him getting impatient with his cat and he picks up the yellow eyed puff of fur. He stares at me for a few seconds before saying goodbye and walking out the door.